“Great Food!”

Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We are a locally owned family restaurant since 1981. We have just open in a new location just across highway 90. We have been serving Boiled, Fried & Grilled Seafood for 34 years. We are also serving homemade Hamburger Steaks, poboys, chicken, and our signature dishes such as our famous Catfish along the Teche and so much more. Locals are happy we kept the same floor plan, although we do have a Mini Bar to fix mix drinks and serve wine.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great Appetizers! Good Crawfish! Fun atmosphere! Highly Recommend. In fact, will be going again next week.

There are newer reviews for Boiling Point R & M

Reviewed May 6, 2013

boiled shrimp....fried seafood....boiled crabs......crackers and butter on the tables......unchanged and always packed for over 20years! local favorite.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

This was the first place I ever had crawfish. If you didn't know you were looking for this spot you would drive right on past it. II think is a pair of doublewide trailers put together. However if you go there just once, you'll never forget or regret it.
food is the star here. Crawfish are the headliner. Pound upon pound of these spicy bugs are delivered, by very friendly waitstaff, on round trays to you. Just dig on in. Corn and boiled potatoes are also acailable for thise wish for a more rounded meal. The shrimp here are also very good and this time around I had some crabs. Flavour on these was solid but way more work than I care for.
Also worthy of consideration are the über spicy gumbo and the Shrimp Po Boy. Truthfully you are not going to go wrong with anything on this menu. I do miss there being any desserts but by sticking with what they do best it is a sacrifice they willingly make.
There are a pair of sinks in the middle of the dining area and they are a necessity so as to clean off all the seasoning from this wonderful food. The restaurant will never be a hit on anybodies list of beautiful dining spots but this will always be my go to place for the crawfish.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

What an experience. Boiling Point is a local restaurant and looks it. Nothing fancy here. We had 2 lbs crawfish and 3/4 lbs boiled shrimp -- then ordered another 3/4 lb shrimp. Both crawfish amd shrimp are u peel'em which was fine with us. The service was good and the food was good. There are 2 sinks in the dining room where you can wash up after eating! (You will need to.) If you use your GPS to get here you will think it is taking you to the boondocks but it will get you there.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

If you like a place where the locals eat, this is it. It's a small, hard to get to place with the name so nondescript that you might just miss it unless you really know how to get there. Best to call and get good directions. I love crawfish, and they were perfectly boiled. The wait staff is more than helpful with mixing up the sauce that locals eat with their crawfish. It's a mixture of mayo, garlic sauce, ketchup, hot sauce and whatever else you want to put in it. DH, who is not as big a fan of cajun as I, had the seafood gumbo and it was way too spicy for him. I tasted and too spicy for me, too. But I'm sure for people that go for the hot stuff, it was good. We also had an order of potatoes (yum), corn (yummier) and sausage (yummiest). It's a must when I go to Lafayette area.