“Good food”

Ranked #6 of 111 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We are a locally owned family restaurant since 1981. We have just open in a new location just across highway 90. We have been serving Boiled, Fried & Grilled Seafood for 34 years. We are also serving homemade Hamburger Steaks, poboys, chicken, and our signature dishes such as our famous Catfish along the Teche and so much more. Locals are happy we kept the same floor plan, although we do have a Mini Bar to fix mix drinks and serve wine.
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Went here for some crawfish and was not disappointed .....we had the gumbo also,I thought it was a little runny and could have used some more rice...the catfish poboy needed a bigger piece of fish

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We ate at R&M Boiling Point about 10 years ago and remembered the experience very fondly. When we again visited New Iberia in March, we were overjoyed to find the R&M Boiling Point right where it has always been, serving the best crawfish and seafood in the area, and packed with customers. Lots of pickup trucks and locals which we always consider a good sign. Lots of food, friendly service, and reasonable prices! We'll be back!

1  Thank Robin R
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This was my first time to eat crawfish. What an experience. I didn't have the courage though to suck the head, maybe next time. It had been 40 yrs since my hubby had done this and he thoroughly enjoyed. The waiter was very helpful. We will definitely go there again. Can be hard to find. The bldg is quite old and the sign faded, but the food was very good.

1  Thank Caribbeanjunkies
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Seasoned perfectly and good sized portions make the Boiling Point a great place for boiled seafood. The atmosphere isn't much but the service makes up for it. Cold beer and crawfish are hard to beat.

1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I was born and raised in New Iberia, and the Boiling Point first opened 20-30 years ago. I don't recall having anything there other than boiled seafood--crawfish, crabs, shrimp. The boiled crawfish were the best I've had anywhere. When I visit New Iberia during crawfish season (Mar to June), I always try to plan a visit here.