“Great little museum with friendly and knowledgeable staff”
Review of Bayou Teche Museum

Bayou Teche Museum
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in New Iberia
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I grew up in New Iberia and was thrilled to finally get the chance to visit the Bayou Teche Museum. It provided great history into the area and brought back great memories. This area is home to some of the greatest people in the world. It is nice to have a museum dedicated to them and is truly worth a visit to give you a greater appreciation of the origins of their traditions and how the bayou itself formed the geographic backdrop of the area's successes.

1  Thank DeniseSF
"bayou"
"information"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Wandering around New Iberia we decided to stop in here. They have made the best of highlighting their history. The salt mine is not to be missed.

1  Thank khgiblin
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Before touring Shadows on the Teche we watched a short video about the history of the place. I enjoyed this because it's hard for me to stand for long periods of time - would much rather sit and listen than standing in house on the tour. Bought a nice little painting in the gallery and a child's book in the souvenir section. Had cookbooks, postcards, art for sale. Very nice.

1  Thank 82Brenda
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Right in the middle of beautiful, historic downtown New Iberia. The museum is interesting and beautifully done!

1  Thank evaporatorz
See more reviews
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I are fans of small museums, and so when we had some extra time in New Iberia, we thought we should definitely check this museum out. It was pretty informative about the history of the area, though the exhibit about moonshine seemed tacked on without much context as to how it fit into that history. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but it's a nice stop if you're in the area; say, to visit the Tabasco factory.