“Trip adviser reviews helped”
Review of Bon Creole Seafood

Bon Creole Seafood
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were in New Iberia on vacation and I went to Trip Advisor to seek out a place to go eat at for that night. After reading many reviews we settled on Bon Creole Seafood because of the high rating it had and sounded like a laid back place which is what we were in the mode for. The reviews were correct! It is a hole in the wall type of place but the food was wonderful! I had a chicken/sausage gumbo that was fantastic! The potato salad was good and went well withe gumbo! My husband had fried fish like shrimp, cat fish, & for a little extra a fried soft shell crab. He said it was the best soft shell crab he had ever eaten!!!! That's saying a lot since he grew up eating those things along the Texas Gulf coast.
The restaurant inside and out is nothing to write home about but was fun to look at the old collected itemsut around us. The place was clean and service was very good for most part. There is a young lady there that is not the cheerful soul of the others but its not that important. The major thing for us was the food. It was the star of the show!
The other reviews are correct in that the outside is very faded and the sign is hard to read. I took a photo of the inside so y'all can get a feel for the atmosphere there. It's a small place and no one dresses up. No table clothes here and food comes on paper plates etc. but if you want local food done well then this is for you!

1  Thank Edna K

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Wind your way through the one way streets to find this place. This is is truly a Cajun restaurant. Got there right around lunch and it was packed with locals (I could tell by the accents). It was a Cajun seafood feast. I got the combination po-boy. This gave me everything I wanted in one sandwich. If you are even close to New Iberia, find Bon Creole. You won't be disappointed, I GAREONTEE!!!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is a must do in New Iberia. The Bon Creole has the best Po Boys we have ever had. The prices are very reasonable and the food is great.
It is not a fancy looking restaurant and you would probably drive by it if you had not been told about it. Don't let looks deceive you. The fact that the parking lot is always full is the dead give away.

1  Thank Ghostkeeper
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Always great Poboys. I have been here a year ago, and again recently. The Poboys are always excellent. It is a small place and very easy to miss when driving along, but the food is well worth the trip. I would recommend this to anyone. For casual dining, this is a 5...

2  Thank Wolf4food
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I agree with other reviewers about the difficulty of finding this hidden gem -- I passed the totally nondescript building three times, if it had been a pit stop on The Amazing Race I'd have lost! -- but do indeed search it out. A real Cajun roadside hole in the wall.

Scary decor of buffalo and deer heads mounted on the wall, the place had some locals in it when I arrived on a Saturday night at about 7:30. Then for awhile I was the only person there. But the delicious gumbo or giant seafood po boys are worth it (order the half sandwich, it's plenty). Not fancy dining in any way, but absolutely memorable and tasty.

1  Thank William B