“Great Po'Boys In Colorful Setting...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bon Creole Seafood

Bon Creole Seafood
Ranked #1 of 108 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Po'Boys In Colorful Setting...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We tried this restaurant today. The Po'Boys were as excellent as others say--generously stuffed with beautifully cooked shrimp in a crispy fresh roll. We also loved the gumbo. Do not be put off by others' comments on the building. Although the paint is faded on the outside and the sign is hard to read, the restaurant is clean and neat, with nice restrooms. One of the best sandwiches I've ever had.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Philwino

Roanoke, Virginia
“Giant Shrimp Po' boy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Dump on the outside - for sure. Inside not much better. But - we came for the food. The shrimp po' boy was gigantic - maybe 13 inches long - loaded with maybe a pound of lightly fried and flavor packed shrimp. This was perhaps the best shrimp I have ever eaten. This is what I came for - and they delivered. Only $10.50. Our catfish po' boy was just as good.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Mike O
Houston, Texas
“Bon Appetite!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had some friends visiting and wanted to take them to southern Louisiana (Cajun Country) for a fun time - which is what the Cajun folks do so well. Along with that comes eating Cajun cuisine.

I found this little "hole in the wall" type eatery on the internet and it was rated so highly, we just had to try it even though it was just a little off our sightseeing route.

Oh my goodness, this place is awesome!!!!

Two of us ordered the seafood po-boy. It was so large that three of us split it - and it was plenty of food for us. One of us ordered the seafood basket and had to take most of it home. You MUST MUST MUST get the Bread Pudding - it's not the typical heavy bread pudding. It's very light and comes with meringue. The seafood gumbo was spectacular, too and it's served with potato salad - which is how it is typically eaten by those who live in southern Louisiana.

Anyway, the food was cooked perfectly. No grease. Seasoned perfectly. The people who took our order and cooked the food were an absolute pleasure, as well! There isn't much room in this little cafe, so our guess is that you would have to wait if it is during their rush hour. We went in the middle of the afternoon (about 2:30) and had no wait, but even at this odd hour of the day for dining, the tiny dining room was almost full!

We travel from Houston to New Orleans often and this will be on our places to stop from now on. You really need to visit!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Peggy R
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Truly didn't know what to expect but was suggested from a local to go there. The outside throws you off a little. It's not your typical sit down service restaurant, you order at the counter and have a seat. My friend ordered the Softshell Crab PoBoy which was amazing. Two huge crabs and just mouth watering. :) I ordered the Frog Legs basket being that back home in New Orleans frog legs is not common on the menus. They were delicious!!! Definitely an excellent recommendation!!

“Worst service I've ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

In reading the great reviews, and being from out of town, I was excited to try this place out.
My husband and I didn't even get to order our food... we were asked "what do you want" going to the counter. We asked for a minute having never been there and also asked if there was anything they had that was not on the menu (after reading some reviews from here). We got the rudest glare with a snarky "No."
A minute later we were ready to order. I went up to the counter with the waitress standing right there but apparently she couldn't see me because I had to tell her I was ready for her to turn her head to look at me.

I tried ordering but apparently ordering "a half catfish po boy" was too confusing to the little girl behind the counter. I said it 2 more times before she knew what I was talking about.

My husband goes to order, also happened to be a half catfish po boy... he then changed it to a basket instead of just a sandwich. This confused her even more... "a what?" She asked. My husband said it again, a basket instead of just the sandwich."
She was so frustrated she scratched out half the ticket to try to rewrite it... before just ripping off the whole ticket and trying again. You could tell she was irritated that she didn't understand what we were ordering.
My husband has never, in the 5 years we've been married, never ever walked out of a restaurant because of the service.
He told her "never mind we are leaving" we turned around got out of the door before we heard a "what?" From behind the counter.
I turned around and let her know she was too rude so we were canceling our order.

Never again will go here.

Visited October 2013