“Delicious!!”

Bon Creole Seafood
Ranked #1 of 109 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Truly didn't know what to expect but was suggested from a local to go there. The outside throws you off a little. It's not your typical sit down service restaurant, you order at the counter and have a seat. My friend ordered the Softshell Crab PoBoy which was amazing. Two huge crabs and just mouth watering. :) I ordered the Frog Legs basket being that back home in New Orleans frog legs is not common on the menus. They were delicious!!! Definitely an excellent recommendation!!

“Worst service I've ever had”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

In reading the great reviews, and being from out of town, I was excited to try this place out.
My husband and I didn't even get to order our food... we were asked "what do you want" going to the counter. We asked for a minute having never been there and also asked if there was anything they had that was not on the menu (after reading some reviews from here). We got the rudest glare with a snarky "No."
A minute later we were ready to order. I went up to the counter with the waitress standing right there but apparently she couldn't see me because I had to tell her I was ready for her to turn her head to look at me.

I tried ordering but apparently ordering "a half catfish po boy" was too confusing to the little girl behind the counter. I said it 2 more times before she knew what I was talking about.

My husband goes to order, also happened to be a half catfish po boy... he then changed it to a basket instead of just a sandwich. This confused her even more... "a what?" She asked. My husband said it again, a basket instead of just the sandwich."
She was so frustrated she scratched out half the ticket to try to rewrite it... before just ripping off the whole ticket and trying again. You could tell she was irritated that she didn't understand what we were ordering.
My husband has never, in the 5 years we've been married, never ever walked out of a restaurant because of the service.
He told her "never mind we are leaving" we turned around got out of the door before we heard a "what?" From behind the counter.
I turned around and let her know she was too rude so we were canceling our order.

Never again will go here.

Visited October 2013
Northern NJ
“Great food, ignore the outside”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This is really a local place. Maybe they keep the outside looking run down to discourage the tourists. The food may be cheap, but my crawfish po boy was excellent. Pretty quiet at 2pm, mostly locals.

Silverthorne, Colorado, United States
“Best food ever.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is not a gourmet dining experience with wine, etc., etc., etc. but, if you like just deliciously cooked food, you won't be disappointed. It is easy to miss when trying to find it but I am sure any local can tell you how to get there!

“Best po'boy around”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I was taken here last year while working in New Iberia. So I drove over 100 miles out of the way back home from vacation just to have another po'boy. Great food.

1 Thank Joldboot