“Bon Creole = C'est Bon!”
Review of Bon Creole Seafood

Bon Creole Seafood
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Bon Creole is a veritable institution in New Iberia and is known primarily for its poboys. My favorite is the fried shrimp poboy -- the shrimp are large and are piled on plentifully. It's probably the best poboy I've ever had -- somewhat pricey for a poboy but well worth it, believe me. You definitely get your money's worth. The gumbo is also delicious and tastes like gumbo should, in my opinion -- the roux is dark and thick, just like I enjoy. The potato salad is also excellent and goes well as a side dish for the gumbo. Yes, the place is a cinder block hole-in-the-wall, but sometimes that's where you find the best food.

2  Thank Cadien1967

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We thought this place was great. Its a real hole in the wall but the food is excellent and well priced. We had our fill of fresh and well prepared seafood for about a total of $22 including soft drinks and tax. This is not a place to sit and linger but a great option for a lunch (or dinner) before or after a visit to Avery Island and the Jungle Gardens/Tobasco Tour

3  Thank troutbum2
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, my wife and I decided to head here when we were in New Iberia. I have to say that the oyster po'boy was a thing of beauty...oysters done just right, bread soft with a nice crust, just the right amount of "salad". A half a loaf plus a cup of gumbo was a meal in itself. This is a local place with little or no markings outside, but well worth the effort to find.

1  Thank PamandPeter L
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Would never have gone without a locals reccomendation. Great local food, best lunch spot around. Do not be put off by the fact there are no windows, it is a simple block building with a faded crawfish paintd on the side, great food and fast service. Big servings.

1  Thank Jack W
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the half Shrimp Poboy and bowl of shrimp and corn soup. I was pleased with both choices. My husband had the seafood Poboy and seafood gumbo. The seafood, on both poboys, was fried to perfection.

1  Thank juliebowers