“Great seafood”

Bon Creole Seafood
Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Ordered the Seafood Combo Basket by mistake...wanted the Seafood Combo PoBoy, but wasn't disappointed. Order came with two fried oysters, two pieces of fish, and mounds and mounds of crawfish and small shrimp. It also came with a small salad, french fries, potato salad and a roll. There was so much food it easily fed both me and my husband. We also had a small seafood gumbo, which was OK but not great. I would definitely come back again next time we are traveling through the area.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had read the reviews prior to our brief visit to New Iberia for a girls basketball playoff game. The pressure was on me since I had the task of finding a place where locals eat for our party of ten. Whew!!!! Everyone in our group was more than impressed with the food they ordered. Oyster and shrimp poboys were outstanding. The seafood was PLENTIFUL, but more it so was cooked to perfection. The poboy bread was really good, flaky, fresh and did not over power the seafood. Condiments within we're also juicy and plentiful. The full size poboy is for the very hungry. The potato salad is the best I've ever tasted. We ordered a bowl of seafood gumbo. It arrived steaming hot and very tasty. Thin, stock rather than thick like typical Louisiana gumbo. More like soup. That did not detract from taste. It was excellent.
As others have stated. This is a no frills place, but the quality AND quantity of food was amazing

1  Thank Jeatty
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a shrimp po boy sandwich, a chicken and sausage gumbo, and a shrimp and corn gumbo. The po boy was stuffed with shrimp, overflowing, with juicy tomatoes and sauce. Both gumbos were outstanding, although I especially enjoyed the shrimp and corn gumbo. The place was full of happy locals, who obviously enjoy coming there often. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Butterzbetter
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Order ahead of time for a quick and delicious meal with large portions to satisfy most people. Located just a few minutes from the historic downtown New Iberia.

1  Thank evaporatorz
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stopped at this place early in January, 2013 and had the best oyster and shrimp PoBoys ever. We have eaten PoBoys at many places in Louisiana and this clearly was the best. The place looks like a hole in the wall, but don't be fool, this is where all the locals go. The dining room had lots of local taxidermy hanging on the walls, with many folks wearing camo, clearly a culture shock for big city folks. But we came here for the food and the PoBoy sandwiches which were amazing. We each got 1/2 sandwiches, my wife oyster and myself shrimp. More oysters and shrimp in the sandwiches compared will the sandwiches we have had all over Louisiana, and the food was very fresh and cooked perfectly. Also the prices are very reasonable.