“Po Boy Epiphany!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Anchorage
“Po Boy Epiphany!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a shrimp po boy sandwich, a chicken and sausage gumbo, and a shrimp and corn gumbo. The po boy was stuffed with shrimp, overflowing, with juicy tomatoes and sauce. Both gumbos were outstanding, although I especially enjoyed the shrimp and corn gumbo. The place was full of happy locals, who obviously enjoy coming there often. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Butterzbetter

Broussard, Louisiana
“Great for a home-style food”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Order ahead of time for a quick and delicious meal with large portions to satisfy most people. Located just a few minutes from the historic downtown New Iberia.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank evaporatorz
Seattle, Washington
“Greatest PoBoys Ever”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stopped at this place early in January, 2013 and had the best oyster and shrimp PoBoys ever. We have eaten PoBoys at many places in Louisiana and this clearly was the best. The place looks like a hole in the wall, but don't be fool, this is where all the locals go. The dining room had lots of local taxidermy hanging on the walls, with many folks wearing camo, clearly a culture shock for big city folks. But we came here for the food and the PoBoy sandwiches which were amazing. We each got 1/2 sandwiches, my wife oyster and myself shrimp. More oysters and shrimp in the sandwiches compared will the sandwiches we have had all over Louisiana, and the food was very fresh and cooked perfectly. Also the prices are very reasonable.

• Visited January 2013
Louisiana
“Bon cre-uh oh”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've always heard how amazing the bread pudding was and how tasty the huge po-boys turned out to be so I finally let it all get the best of me and placed a pick up order over the phone. It is not a hard place to find only if you were speeding and passed on by. Parking could be bigger. The feeling inside isn't anything grand, but the staff is friendly and speedy. I had a po-boy which was the best I have tried yet with a side of red rice and beans which was dry to me. Then came the bread pudding which shocked me. The view wasn't amazing nor the tasty. It unfortunately was just a glob of pudding and crusted bread on the side. I will return however for the amazing over grown po-boys!

• Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Food was just okay for me”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My Seafood Gumbo was average and My Chicken Po' Boy was okay, however, I would revisit if I were in town again.

• Visited November 2012