“My stay at Hampton Inn New Iberia”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Clean rooms, comfortable stay, Quiet location (You don’t have the highway noise to disturb your sleep stay.) Easy checkout. Parking not an issue, full lot for large and small vehicles. I was only a short time stay, and did not see much to grip about. People are friendly, and had local knowledge of the area. Easy to find location.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael M

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Very nice hotel to stay at. The room was nice with a Thermostat on the wall. There was a Shower (No Tub) in my room which was very room. All the plumbing worked great. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was typical for a Hampton Inn. I will say here again when I come back by. Close to 3 good restaurants. Chili's, Ruby Tuesday's, and a Mexican Restaurant called El Chile Verde. At at the Mexican Restaurant both times I was here. Look at my review on the restaurant to see my thoughts.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Don P
lftje, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your stay with us through Trip Advisor. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team works very hard every day to garner feedback like yours so it's always encouraging to see it come into fruition. Thanks again and we hope to see you in New Iberia again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel was very clean and had a good breakfast, we wanted to go swimming but the pool was very green. The clerk had no reason for the pools color so we chose not to swim. The internet was very fast and that was nice.

Room Tip: I would probably stay here again.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doug083
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel is located close to Avery Island, the home of TABASCO brand Pepper Sauce. Quiet and cozy, nice complimentary breakfast with pretty good selection, fast Internet. There are a few restaurants in a walking distance. The front desk and the breakfast room personnel is very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Teddy72
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were looking for a Hilton property on the way home to the DFW area from Destin, Florida, and chose this Hampton because it got nice reviews and cost the fewest HHonors points (and I've always had good experiences with Hamptons). We arrived in the evening and observed a practically empty parking lot; I guess it was a slow Saturday night in New Iberia. Check-in was seamless, and we got a room on the top floor with two queen beds, just as I requested.

My wife is a notorious germophobe, particularly when staying at hotels, and she thoroughly inspected the room and beds before we set all our stuff down -- ultimately she found nothing but cleanliness. As it was the first hotel stay for my two young daughters, I took the opportunity to show them around the hotel (which had the side benefit of giving my wife a few minutes of peace and quiet after a long car trip). We looked at the breakfast area, the business center, the conference room, the exercise room, and the pool (which was closed at the time due to a "chemical issue," but that wasn't a problem as it was much too late in the evening to go swimming). Once it was bedtime, we all got a good night's sleep -- in fact, the next morning, my six-year-old remarked that the hotel bed was much more comfortable than the one she slept on in our condo in Destin.

I was concerned in the morning that the Hampton breakfast might have less food than normal since the hotel appeared to have had so few guests the night before, but we weren't disappointed. My wife was quite impressed with the Belgian waffles and cheese omelets, and the girls filled themselves up nicely.

The only hiccup in the whole experience was that the toilet in our room required multiple flushes to work; I brought this to the hotel's attention as we checked out.

Overall, I'd definitely stay here again in the future when in the Lafayette area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Bonfire98A
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I found this Hilton property to be like 99.9% of the other Hilton properties I have chosen to stay with. The hotel was very clean and the staff was courteous and professional. All the amenties; exercise room, swimming pool and breakfast areas were in excellent condition. It felt like home.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Terry S
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The room was huge!! The staff was super friendly, will def stay there every time I'm in the Lafayette area. My kids used the pool, we used the wifi. There was continental breakfast everyday which helped offset some of the cost.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family