“Not up to Hampton Inn name”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and was extremely disappointed. The staff was pleasant enough at check-in, but service is quite poor. The room was not clean upon arrival and had a slightly unpleasant odd smell. My room was not cleaned the second day either. When leaving the first morning I complained about the lack of hot water and received no information and it was not fixed. The internet is complimentary but terribly slow - I used a 3G hotspot which was much faster. The breakfast was OK and had a decent selection of hot items in addition to the continental breakfast. I suggest staying at the nearby Holiday Inn Express instead. I know I will.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kandlg G

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Having previously written a favorable review about this Hampton location, I'm a little saddened that the property seems to be declining. We stay here fairly often, and It's still a decent place to stay.The front desk staff continues to do a good job, but I found the grounds a little less well-tended, and the rooms to be less clean than they used to be (particularly the bathrooms and wet bar areas). On the second day of our stay, one of the rooms still hadn't been serviced by the maid when we returned (after 5 p.m.)--and we're minimally invasive guests (!)--a fresh towel or two and a box of tissues would have done it. Saying that, I believe we will more than likely stay here at least one more time. Housekeeping may have just had a couple of bad days...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This Hampton lives up to their reputation. The hotel is new with up to date decor. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked the size of the room. We had a king room with shower stall (no tub) and it seemed larger than a usual king room. The breakfast area was neat and tidy also. The only thing I may say is that the check in clerk could have been a little more helpful. Just letting us know where the entrances and elevators were would have been nice. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff greeted us with smile the moment we walked in. Took care of us in a timely manner. Called us to see if everything was to our liking. Used the fitness room which was clean and in excellent condition. Enjoyed our stay. Would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a great time there. The facility is new and the staff is excellent. Very courteous and professional. Complimentary breakfast was good, with the usual cook-em-yourself waffles and other hot items (ham, sausage, eggs) and an assortment of cereals and breads. We went to use the pool and were not disappointed- it was first-rate. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This Hampton Inn was excellent is all aspects: from the very helpful guy at reception on the evening we checked in; the spacious, very clean king room; to the excellent layout/spread for the breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Upon entering the facility, I received a friendly welcome; although it wasn’t the homely welcome I have come to expect from Hampton Staff. The hotel is very well decorated; it is very large, with great spacious halls. But this place is empty; there may be 10 cars in the parking lot. It seems to always be that way, I stayed in the Holiday Inn adjacent to this location for 2 weeks, and I never saw more than 15 cars in the parking lot of this Hampton. I was disappointed that my room was not complimentary updated on arrival. Again, I know this place is empty, most Hampton’s staff always upgrade my room. The room is nice, what you would expect from Hampton, but it’s small. I was disappointed that I didn’t have a microwave and a fridge, had to use the sink as a cooler. The bathroom was ok, something sticky was on the floor, and the toilet seat was cheap, and wouldn’t stay up on its own. The ice machine is at the very end of the hall, and when I say this place is big, I mean it’s about 2 football fields long. With it being said that this place is empty, it’s got a very lonely, abandoned feel. I feel like I am the only person staying in this establishment. I like the Hamptons that offer a Happy hour, and have it open for travelers to converse in the lobby, those Hamptons really make you feel at home. This place is ok, even though the Holiday Inn’s customer’s service sucked, and it was dirty, it was more fun.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business