“Excellent location for tourists”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a great location with excellent staff and clean rooms. We would definitely choose to stay here again. It is very close to the Tabasco/Avery Island tour as well as some really terrific restaurants. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if the pool was heated. However, knowing what the summers are like in this area, I realize a heated pool is not necessary most of the time so my kids were ok with this.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for the past 3 years when we took our three children and our grandchildren to Avery Island and New Iberia during Spring Break. The hotel is set off the highway and quiet. The staff is helpful and friendly. It is a typical Hampton and has that good quality.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am a regular at Hampton's and Hilton Garden Inns. I like the chain and generally know I'm going to get good service at a good place. Comfortable rooms and beds. Well, I did get that here but was disappointed the bed is not the newer Hampton pillow top. Hopefully they are in for an upgrade but none so far. Also, check in was a nightmare, which is unusual for Hampton in my experience. Due to a storm in the southeast, anyone that goes throgh Atlanta knows the drill. You're going to be late for somewhere. We didn't get to N.I. until midnight and I was beat by then. Couldn't wait to get to bed. My buddy checked in, no problem. I'm a Hilton Honors member and checked in, no problem. Well, I get to the room and it's "no smoking" when clearly I requested "smoking". I called the clerk, who was very nice, and had to drag my tired butt back downstairs with my bags. He gives me another room so back up I go. Well, this was a smoking room but had not been made up. Have to call back down but this time I said I'm staying here, you come up. He did, apologized, and finally got my room. Not a great way to start after a horrible flight. The rest of the stay was uneventful and I had no complaints. Staff was friendly. I do think they need to check and see who their Honor guests are...and nobody ever did with me. No newspaper, no water, and the wrong room. This place needs to step it up a bit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CarolinaParatrooper
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights when in town on business. The hotel is probably 2-3 years old so the quality is still pretty high and the cleanliness is good. I was sick for some of my time. My room had no tub which I didn't understand. I only had a brief moment to eat breakfast but I didn't find it to be as good as other Hamptons I've stayed in. I had to purchase items in the hotel pantry and some of my items were expired. I'm assuming items just sit there until purchased.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Freezing cold because of hyperkinetic fan on ceiling. I just generally dislike the under-window heating/cooling systems which blow up the curtains.
No microwave or refrigerator in room.
Hard to peel the paper off the soap. Both bars. Like the old military cot appearance, tight as a tick.
Bathroom faucet squealed and hammered when opened at full hot or full cold. Irritating to me; not sure what the neighbors thought.
Breakfast was a little dreary, no excuse, except it was near the end of the time. Biscuits OK, but no gravy. Yogurt was good.
Elevator signal is a squeal or a screech rather than a tone/bell or other reasonable sound.
Clean room and nice location, but a lot of little irritants for me. Grump grump.

Room Tip: No microwave or refrigerator. Fan on ceiling, which I hate. The sunset was spectacular.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
lftje, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Good Evening, I personally wanted to thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am new to the property and all comments are informative. At the hotel level, we use these reviews to educate our staff and improve the service to our guests. I have made notations of the fan and A/C unit, bathroom faucet and breakfast presentation. I will address those issues at our next manager's meeting. Thank you for staying with the Hampton Inn & Suites – New Iberia, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Acadiana.

Kim Cusimano
Hampton Inn & Suites- New Iberia
337-321-6700
kim.cusimano@hilton.com

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here with my family as we were transitioning a move from Nevada to New Iberia. Many of the staff members were very rude to my children. They yelled at them and claimed they were very disruptive. They even called to report our moving truck as abandoned. They claimed we tried to purposely overflow the bathtub, when my daughter just forgot to unplug the bathtub drain. I actually felt uncomfortable renewing my nights there because it felt like no one wanted us there. I did have a few staff members that tried to help us with anything we needed and even defended our stay and privacy. Some even helped us find a place to move too! One young girl that works there though constantly gave the nasty looks to my daughters and my family when we walked around the hotel. I was treated so bad, I cried to my husband when he was at work, that I wanted to go back home to Chicago and forget the rude people in this town. However, I realized the people out here are actually nice, we just unfortunately ran into the ugly ones in this hotel. Hotel was clean and breakfast was good though.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank April1983062526
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I travel as part of my business, and that often includes trips to places not on the tourist route. So it was nice to find the Hampton Inn in New Iberia, Louisiana. I have stayed there several times now, and find that the staff is always pleasant and receptive. The dear lady who prepares breakfast is supposed to have it ready by 6 a.m., but often she opens the doors early -- and nothing is left off the serving area. Everyone at the Hampton seems to acknowledge that visitors to that hotel often begin their days early (many work in the oil patch), and every effort is made to assist in getting off to work with a good breakfast, hot and filling. In the evening, coffee service and cookies are available at the reception desk, a nice treat after a long day on the road or in the field. The rooms are always clean and well-maintained. I never hesitate to book a room here when I am in the area and recommend it to others. Yes, it is a little difficult to locate via GPS, but a phone call to the hotel will give you the exact directions.

Room Tip: Look for value offerings at the hotel website; often discounted.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
#8 of 12 in New Iberia
Hampton Inn Lafayette
Hampton Inn Lafayette
#9 of 50 in Lafayette

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia? Share your experiences!