“OK”

Candlewood Suites New Iberia
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Not much choice in New Iberia anyway, so this is probably as good an anything else. Kitchen floor still had popcorn on it from previous guest, & there was some mold in the bathroom, & the sheets were so wrinkled you couldn't tell if they had been changed or not, but it was basically OK. I'm beginning to think hotels are purposely using the "really wrinkled sheet" routine on purpose, to make it harder for guests to check the sheets. Otherwise, how is it possible for sheets to remain so wrinkled "after" the bed is made? Another reason I like sheets that have at least been hand-pressed, or pulled tight on the bed during make-up.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank smvhou
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear smvhou,

Thank you very much for leaving us a review about your recent stay. I regret that this visit was a bit of a disappointment particularly with the condition of the bathroom facility and bed accommodations being sub par. I have your feedback noted and this shall be addressed with our team to consider for upgrades needed.

We hope you can give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Pam G

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites New Iberia

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have stayed with this hotel on and off for about two years now. I am a manager for a construction company out of Florida, and have enjoyed the homestyle atmospher this particular hotel trys to give to their guest's. Although they have recently stopped serving dinner on thursday evenings for their guests. "Mrs Pam makes a mean meatloaf just like mom used to make" I cannot say enough great things about the manager Mrs Pam! You can tell she loves her guest's as if they are family. I have to add, clean fresh soft towels anytime you need. OMG!!!!!! The housekeeping staff go out of their way for you as well, always a smile and a goodmorning, same as the front desk, thats if they are not folding fresh laundry. They are great. I must add I liked the place so much my wife and I had our wedding reception there. If you are just passing through or in town for an extended stay, I say give them a try.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. I have stayed in all types they offer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FRED R
Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you happen to be traveling through New Iberia or staying long term in New Iberia, LA, Candlewood Suites is the place to stay. I have been to many hotels as my job requires extensive travel and long term away from home. I can honestly tell you that Candlewood Suites is the place to stay. The rates are far better than the competition and the staff are eager to help, realizing you are away from family and friends and everything that makes a home a home, they strive in making you feel as though you are at your house. Clean rooms, friendly staff and warm smiles.

Room Tip: Ask for a large suite if staying long term!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
PBroussard, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Texas Clay, thank you so much for your review. I am happy that you considered Candleweood Suites New Iberia, your home-away-from home during your stay with us. My staff and I strive to give our guests that execeptional service you so deserve. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is nice, staff is great... But internet in my room was non-existant! If I walked out to the hall it worked fine. If you are working in New Iberia, it is much better to stay here than deal with the traffic traveling back and forth to Lafayette.

• Stayed: June 2013
PBroussard, General Manager at Candlewood Suites New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your review and take your comments seriously. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we have already made improvements to our internet service. We have added new access points and will upgrade our speed very soon. I hope that you will allow us to serve you again while visiting the New Iberia area.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel three times now. The first was about 4 years ago. We were one of their first guests after opening ... the paint was still tacky. The second was just a couple years ago. Those times were to visit family. And now, this third time because of the tragic death of my 13 year old grandson.

The hotel is the same ... just a little older and more worn out as hotels get with use. The manager, Pam, remembered us. Our room was a 2 Queen Suite. Everything was good. Although I do wish they had non-stick pans. Those skillets are so very hard to clean and all we did was fry an egg over easy. The room was clean except for a sticky spot (gum?) on the bedspread. I mentioned it and it was changed immediately.

The air conditioning was difficult. If it was on, it got too cold. If we turned it off, it got too hot. We never changed the temp, but it just couldn't regulate itself very well. The beds were a little lumpy, but that's probably from use.

There were 3 washers in the laundry room. When we got there one was out of order. Two days later, TWO were out of order. This is in an extended stay hotel! We mentioned it to the person at the desk (a sales manager, I think he said). He said he didn't know anything about either of them being out of order. He called for repair, but when we left a day or two later, they were still not working.

The one elevator they had was out of order the second day we were there. I went to go down to get some coffee in the morning and pushed the button to go down. Then I realized there was a note on the other side of the elevator. So I hoofed it down to the main floor. I questioned the manager and she said she called for service and didn't expect them to come until about 9:30. We were supposed to leave before then to make arrangements for my grandsons remains. My husband has an illness and is weak .... he couldn't be expected to take the stairs. I told the manager and she suggested that when we were ready to leave we should call her and someone would come and help us. That's nice, but very embarrassing. However, that wasn't even necessary. She called our room before we were ready to leave and said the elevator was fixed. That was a nice touch.

We were there for 6 nights. One night there was a family in the room above us. It sounded like kids running and jumping off beds and landing on the floor. I can handle a little of that, but it started around 5:30 am! We called the front desk at 6:30 and eventually the noise stopped ... they had checked out. We asked that they not put someone in the room above us if at all possible and they complied.

The night before we left there were people in the hallway singing very loudly, doors slamming, and lots of noise. This was at 11:30 pm. We didn't complain since we were leaving the next morning. I almost called, though. If it had gone on I would have, but they seemed to get it out of their system in a short time.

The grill by the pool is very nice. We didn't use it, but a couple people staying did.

This was a nice hotel. All staff was friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a room by the elevator...you get ALL the noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Foodkop
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Foodkop,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. I would also like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 300 plus days a year and choose to stay at candlewoods suite upon arrival I requested a low floor away from elevator didnt happen went to 3rd floor reeked of cigarette smoke I was in a non smoking and it was ok 2 of the 3 washing machines didnt work an desk staff could care less about it even when I checked in I statedto her I was going to be doing laundry what a let down

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank DsneyBoyz

Dear DsneyBoyz,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the room accommodations and service you received did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize for your disappointment with our Laundry machines. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M

Reviewed May 27, 2013

A very frequent business traveler, this is one of the more disappointing stays that I have had in quite some time. Based on other reviews and comments from staff, they obviously are aware that their wireless internet is poor. I could not connect with any of my devices at all until I moved to a different room on a different floor, which was very inconvenient. After the move, I could connect, but still was spotty at best. I was told that they are in the process of fixing, but my guess is that they are trying to save money and put a band aid on the problem rather than actually fixing it.
There were other issues as well - the entire third floor had a foul odor, as did the room that I moved to on the second floor. Not sure why the third floor smelled bad. I think my second room did so because it had been smoked in, although it was a non-smoking room. Also, the luggage cart that I used had a broken wheel which made it difficult to use - perhaps trying to save money again by keeping something in service that is broken. The office chair was so low compared with the height of desk that it made it difficult to work. Finally, when I returned home, I found that I had been given someone elses invoice. I called to ask that they email a copy of mine and was told that they would send it right away - that never happened - had to go online and track it down that way.

At the front desk, they tout that they are #1 on Trip Advisor. Well, there are not a lot of properties in New Iberia and they actually are #2 at this time...and I expect they will continue to fall if things don't improve. As a Priority Club Platinum member and frequent guest at Candlewood and other IHG brands, I am disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank tex4211
Matthew_Seaux, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I would like to thank you for your detailed review on Tripadvisor and thank you for staying with us!
Firstly, I would like to apologize that we did not meet satisfactory results upon your stay. Our wired/wireless internet had been upgraded in March and have not experienced any known issues or complaints, I will review our data usage report to see if there were any fluctuations within the last month and contact our ISP to validate any potential bandwidth issues we could have experienced . I can assure you that we take pride in assessing the problem with great urgency and do not cut corners in cost. Regarding the odor you experienced, we've actually never had a complaint with odor, to the best of my knowledge you may have smelled the odor of a guest cooking, as we are an extended stay facility, alot of our guests tend to cook in their rooms and sometimes upon opening their doors that smell will filter into the hallways. We have automated air fresheners per floor, but as we cannot control what our guests are cooking, we hope that you can understand. Our smoking rooms are checked often for the smell of smoke, as well as our non-smoking rooms, which if one smokes in a non-smoking room they will be charged a fine. I'm sorry for your disappointment. We always suggest that if there are issues to please let the staff know so that we may fix these errors to make your stay more enjoyable. As it seems in the details of your described stay there may have been several issues that could have been explained properly or looked into fixing to enhance your overall pleasure. Again, I would like to thank you for staying with us and I am so sorry that your experience wasn't as satisfactory as it could have been.