“Excellent HIE in a small town”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Not a lot of options in this small community but being an IHG member, this was my obvious choice. It was close to a highway, so asked for and received a room on the east side of the building. The rooms were comfortable, furnished like most HIE properties. The room was very clean, which always makes me feel comfortable. Bed and bedding in good condition. The breakfast items were standard HIE as well, but can't beat the warm cinnamon rolls. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on east side away from highway are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

We are always pleased to hear that we met our guest expectations! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip in town.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island

Reviewed April 25, 2014

The room itself wasn't bad. I had a suite, which is large and comfortable. The a/c worked fine. But the worst thing here was the highway noise that came through the wall into the room. My room faced the highway, and it literally sounded like the window was wide open (it wasn't). I sleep like a log and even many times with the TV on--noise doesn't usually bother me at all. So you KNOW this noise was loud, if it woke me up. It's a shame because this is good hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on the side facing AWAY from the highway!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Beachiz
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

We are sorry to hear that you experienced loud noises at night. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the highway noise, but if you're ever come back to our beautiful town we will gladly put you facing the backside of the hotel! We are happy to hear that everything else went good with your stay and look forward to having you as a guest again!

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with this hotel. The rooms have a ton of space and are nicely decorated, with a plush chair in the corner and granite countertops in the bathroom. Our room was spotlessly clean, something I don't find often. The bed was very comfortable, and the pillows were too, even though other Holiday Inns have pillows that I think are too small. The high ceilings in the room made the room feel very stately, and the front desk personnel was extremely friendly. The lobby was also very welcoming. I travel frequently and was highly impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. We take pride in treating each guest like they're home. We enjoyed having you and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at many hotels around the Lafayette & New Iberia area. This was one of the best, I liked it better than the Hilton. Great service and a really clean room. The morning breakfast is normal for this type of hotel. The internet is fast and does not drop out like some hotels.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us such a good review! We look forward to seeing you next time you're in our area!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I get nervous when I see a rating of #1 or #2 hotel, in a small town. But truly, this Holiday Inn deserves its top rating! First of all we discovered that the Tabasco factory in Avery Island was an easy day trip from New Orleans that we did not need to book a hotel here. However, we pre-paid, so there we were. But glad we stayed. This looked like a newly built Holiday Inn, complete with straight from the catalog furniture. But someone in this hotel clearly cares. It was Christmas, and it was nicely, not-generically decorated. There is a giant bowl of fruit in the lobby. I am not sure how i feel about the new-fangled tv-dinner and junk-food stocked fridges in the lobby, for late night munchies, but i saw the need here, when it was in the middle of nowhere. The tricky thing is finding the side road into the hotel from the highway. Call the hotel for more specific directions. It took us a few tries and a few u-turns to do it. Breakfast is the usual make your own waffle buffet, Hearty carbs, good coffee, to go bags. If only all Holiday Inns were like this one. Hey IHG group, make this your model small-town hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. Our staff does an amazing job at keeping our property so beautiful because they do care! Hopefully we will see you again!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

My DH and I are originally from this area and chose this hotel for our 4 night stay. This was our first stay at this Holiday Inn, but I previously used there Banquet room to host a baby shower for a family member about 4 years ago and as I recall everyone was professional, courteous, and very helpful with our function.

The hotel is in an easily accessible location, just off of Hwy. 90, clean, not too big and not too small. The room (103 I believe) was spacious, clean, and quiet towards the end of the corridor. I loved the touch of color they used as an accent wall in the room. I believe that the pop of color is refreshing and doesn't give the feel of "blah" that the hotel rooms usually have. House keeping kept the room tidy during our busy days. The bed was comfortable as were the pillows. Much thanks to the receptionist (my memory fails me) who helped us out with extra pillows at 11:30 at night. The bathroom was spacious with Bath and Body Works amenities.

The breakfast was a nice touch. Nothing too fancy but just enough to give us a boost in the mornings. The hot items changed from day to day; Cheese omelets, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, toast, bagels, cereal, yogurt...a nice variety.

Overall this hotel was great. Warm welcoming reception area, clean, comfortable, excellent stay!
Would I stay again? YES!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you so much for all your kind comments about our hotel! We love being able to make our guests feel comfortable and it seems we hit a home run with your stay! We look forward to having you next time you're in New Iberia.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Me family and I were visiting some family for Thanksgiving, and we were staying at a nearby hotel that my family was fighting ants all night long, I was so upset so that hotel made arrangements for us to be moved to The Holiday Inn Express for the remainder of our trip, and I mean from the moment we walked in the door the staff apologized for what happened at the other hotel and would make it their business to make sure that the rest of our visit would be a pleasure and that's just what they did, I am grateful for the service and staff,......... Thank You Sincerely a appreciative customer.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Taushi B
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

We are pleased that we were able to help you enjoy the rest of your vacation while you were visiting our beautiful town! We really look forward to seeing you during your next trip to visit your family!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Iberia
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#9 of 12 in New Iberia
Hampton Inn Broussard-Lafayette Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island? Share your experiences!