“Avoid at all costs” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Natchitoches
Hoover, Alabama
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

This place is a dump. From the mold in the bathroom, the damp carpet, and the visits by the local Police. There are numerous hotels within walking distance of this place and for your own safety, stay at one of them. Damp rooms, unattentive manager (he never leaves his double wide parked in the back) and the cleaning staff will go through your luggage and take whatever they want. Econo Lodge across the street is actually cheaper and cleaner but a tad bit smaller. I have to come to Natchitcohes 3-4 times a year and I'll stay anywhere but here from now on.

Room Tip: Don't choose at all!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Jim21W
Tracy P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
I'm sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your stay, I do think it's interesting to note that you know I'm on the property but did not ask to speak to the manager about the unsatisfactory condition of your room. Instead you chose to post your comments on a 3rd party website where I might not have seen them if I wasn't such an attentive manager (June 5, 6am).

With that being said, please contact me at your earliest convenience (318) 352-7500 so that we can discuss the issue in person. I won't make you pay for a room if you weren't satisfied with your stay and I'd love the oppurtunity to not only make it up to you, but win back your future business as well!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was very clean, great staff, and had a nice breakfast. The rooms were good sized. The pool and grounds were clean. My only complaint was that they didn't have enough parking. The hotel was booked with baseball players when we stayed and the parking area was full plus some guests had to park on the grassy areas by the hotel. I was overall pleased with this place.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank lilmama318
Tracy P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
I am glad to hear you were pleased with your stay and I'm happy to inform you that our parking lot is one of the issue we hope to tackle before the end of this year.
Hammond, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stay at this hotel regularly for work and recent changes in management have made a world of difference. The front desk staff is friendly and informative, always eager to help. This is an excellent hotel for the price, especially since I stay by the week. It's 59.99 a night. Much cheaper than any other area hotel and well worth it! The continental breakfast has waffles, biscuits & gravy, boiled eggs, fruits, cereal, bagels, pastries... My room doesn't always have a fridge, but the hotel staff will move on in to my room minutes after I request one! I've never had an experience like some of these people are claiming, so I can only think that just like every other hotel has problems of some sort that "Not every guest will be happy" no matter where you stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brandon P
Tracy P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
I'm glad to hear you enjoy our property and are a repeat customer. I'll be sure to pass your praise on to my staff as encouragement to keep up the good work.
Texas USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Clean , no frills but a very good value. We went with a large group so rooms were reasonable and 10 minutes from downtown.

Room Tip: If you get a first floor room you can park right outside your door.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve48Texas
Tracy P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay...another tip is that we generally charge $3-$5 less for upstairs rooms.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Reasonably priced, close to the Interstate, Continential breakfast was better than I expected

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom12_1965
Tracy P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Value is what we sell...glad you enjoyed yur stay!!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

Don't get me wrong... I was Thrilled to have a ROOM... having been unable to make a reservation until the LAST Minute... and this being the Natchitoches 'Christmas Of Lights" celebration when 100,000 "Extra" people come to town for the Festivities.
AND... I DO recommend folks put this town's celebration on their "Bucket" list especially the Gala, and the Opening Celebration.
However we checked into rooms on Friday 12/02/2011:
Room 113: For the Teens. Two Double beds, chair, table. Refrigerator. Fuzzy TV
Room 119: For us Parents. King Bed. Love Seat (smelly) Microwave. (NO refrigerator)

As for the Breakfast Buffet ... it didn't save us any money since the Protein options (boiled eggs?) were few and far between. Many hotels now offer scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. This buffet did not.
I awoke Sunday morning to some VERY LOUD people screaming and all family members confirmed this... But I was corrected in that these were actually the HOUSEKEEPING Staff... Hmmm....
While staying there I made a mental note to applaud the housekeeping staff because for a shabby room, bed covers, carpet and etc. the room did appear to be clean and our room was cleaned pretty well during our stay. However this did not make up for being awakened early.
Not the hotel's fault but Sunday morning around 1:30am a Sheriff pounded on our door and asked my husband who owned the VAN parked outside our room. (NOT us but this gentleman had some very suspicious behaviour).
Shampoo, Conditioner and Lotion are supplied. Extra supplies are offered. COMMUNITY COFFEE is supplied ( a PLUS for Louisiana Travelers).
I enjoyed my stay overall but will never come back to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BatonRougeFamily
Tracy P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
I'm sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with your stay...please feel free to contact me at the hotel to discuss your future lodging needs in our area (318) 352-7500. I'd like a chance to make it up to you!!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

Our check in was smooth the girl at the front desk was very helpful, also gave driving directions to several locations around town. I had a problem with the free Internet service called front desk and the same person called back with a solution to the problem. The room has a fridge microwave flat panel television. The room was clean as well as the bathroom. For the price we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011