“The hanger on the inside of the bathroom door was barely...”

Super 8 Natchitoches
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Natchitoches
Lufkin
“The hanger on the inside of the bathroom door was barely...”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hanger on the inside of the bathroom door was barely hanging at all and was unusable. There were cosmetic issues within the room in numerous places. There was a serious odor in the hallway when we got there and 2 days later upon leaving it was still there. I was not advised when booking the room that the hotel did not have an elevator nor was I told that I was being booked in an upstairs room, however I was repeatedly advised that I was being booked on a NON refundable booking. Again at checkin I was not advised of the lack of an elevator or that my booking was upstairs but told numerous times that my money was non refundable. There was ZERO water pressure and the higher you turned the knob up the lesser amount of water would run out of the faucet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Linda F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Geismar
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Excellent value for price, updated older hotel, nicer than web pictures, service was friendly, bed was comfortable and extremely clean!!! I visit Natchitoches 3+ times a year, wish I had tried this hotel sooner!

Room Tip: Nick's Mexican restaurant is great and close!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
super8natch, Manager at Super 8 Natchitoches, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay.
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We strive on a daily basis to accomodate each and every guest. As you stated we are a older hotel but have done many upgrades to the property and guestrooms and are glad you have noticed. Once again thank you and we look forward to accomodating you again in your travels to Natchitoches.

Varsha
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Avoid the hotel if all possible no customer service rude made my trip horrible had to call police to come and help . Front desk staff need to be fired three rooms were book and not ready at check in time refuse me the use of restroom after I had been traveling .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bjb49
super8natch, Manager at Super 8 Natchitoches, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback. I do apologize that your visit to Natchitoches was ruined however, I can assure you that is definitely not our intention. We strive on a daily basis to provide above and beyond customer service experience to each one of our guests; which would definitely include you. Upon your arrival you asked to use a guestroom bathroom; which at that time I informed you that you cannot do so but your room will be ready very shortly. You asked for a public bathroom; and again I made every attempt to explain that we do not have a public bathroom but do have an employee bathroom. Our reason to distinguish that difference between the two is simply because public bathrooms must maintain a certain standard versus an employee bathroom does not. I walked you personally to the employee bathroom so you may use it. Upon completion you asked for me to pour out an entire good pot of coffee and make a new pot for you so you can have one cup. In which again I made every attempt to explain that I am not able to do that but tried to assure you that the coffee was good. Super 8 standard is to have coffee available for the guests around the clock but does not require to pour out an entire good pot every certain hours. The coffee is made in an insulated pot which keeps that coffee warm and good for several hours.
Once again, I do sincerely apologize for your stay here and do hope you visit us again.

Varsha

Travelers are raving about these Natchitoches hotels

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Rooms weren't ready at check- time, didn't want to let a member of our party use the restroom,had to use restroom in laundry room,refuesd to make fresh coffee,after admitting that coffee had been sitting for over 3 hours.that's just a start it gets worse.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank 1665bless
super8natch, Manager at Super 8 Natchitoches, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

I apologize that you feel your experience was the worst one however there were no complaints registered from your party. When your group came to check in at 3:30PM, her demand was to have her smoking double ready "now". I tried to inform her that her other 2 rooms were ready and that housekeeping was working in the 3rd room and will be ready shortly. She asked me if she can use any of the other guestroom bathrooms, which I responded with a simple no since they've already been cleaned. She then yelled at me saying "there's got to be a bathroom that you use". At this point I made an attempt to explain to her that I do not have a public bathroom but I have an employee bathroom that she can use. Our reasoning to explain that is public bathrooms must maintain a certain standard and the employee bathrooms generally don't. I walked her personally down that hall to the employee bathroom to use it and she thanked me for it. When we walked up to the front again she demanded I poor out the 3/4 full coffee pot and make her a whole new pot so she can have a cup of coffee. I explained to her that I cannot do that, but that the coffee was fresh and had no problem with it. Super 8 standard is to have coffee available for the guests around the clock but says nothing about remaking it every so often. We tried for a full hour and half to get her to understand that but she refused. Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience and would love to accomodate you again if ever in the area.

Varsha Patel
Palestine, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We traveled to Natchitoches, LA and made reservations for December 29, 2012 through January 1, 2013. Needless to say, for the price, common sense told us that the hotel was not the newest in town nor was it a luxury hotel. I, personally, believe that people always think they deserve more than what they pay for which sets them up for disappointments. We found the hotel to be an older hotel and yet had been updated some. We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. The room was very clean (that was what was most important to me), the management and staff was very friendly and accommodating! Management was present everyday we were there. We will definitly stay here again! If you are not expecting a high end room with all the fluff fluff, this is the place to stay. This is not a ran down hotel, it's just an older hotel. If you want a bed that is comfortable and a clean room then you will not be disappointed with your stay here. We did not have one complaint and we stayed during a somewhat busy time. The complimentary breakfast was not short of any complimentary breakfast I have had at the La Quinta's. If you are very picky then I suggest you find a luxury hotel. I was very happy that we found a clean comfortable room for a reasonable price! We will be traveling to Natchitoches fairly often and this is the hotel we will be staying in!!! Thank you to management and the staff for making our stay a very pleasant stay and we will see you again sometime soon!!! ~Darla

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
super8natch, Manager at Super 8 Natchitoches, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Darla,

We thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to tell us about your stay with us in Natchitoches. We are delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and pleasant. Customer service is not only my first priority but is also the first priority of the rest of my staff. Once again we thank you for your kind words and look forward to accomodating you in the future.

Varsha Patel