Judge Porter House Bed and Breakfast
Comfort Suites Natchitoches(Natchitoches)(Great Value!)
$76
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Natchitoches)(Great Value!)
$61
$94
$59
$72
$93
Best Western Natchitoches Inn(Natchitoches)(Great Value!)
$117
$89
BestWestern.com
Chateau Saint Denis(Natchitoches)(Great Value!)
$183
$87
Hotels.com
All reviewsgarden roomprincess roombed and breakfastother guestsnew orleansprivate porchfront streetpeach crisplonger staydelicious breakfastenjoyed our stayfront porchbeautiful dining roombirthday celebrationget awayeggs benedicttwo nights
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed in the garden room. It has a very nice and large bathroom. The bathroom has a large jacuzzi with room for two. This was great after the drive to get there. Also, felt good after our massages.The bedroom is pretty with a fireplace, windows and an antique bed. I slept well on the bed both nights. The bedroom is a bit small, but there are a few chairs to sit in, a small table and a small desk. It has its own entry way and a private porch. This room is just off the kitchen so I was concerned about hearing the breakfast preparations in the morning. I heard a little but not enough to bother me. This B&B is very close to front street, and had the weather been better we probably would have walked back and forth. The breakfast is amazing. The parking is easy to access.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We normally go for Festival of Lights and this year we decided to try our first Bed and Breakfast. The Judge Porter house was a great stay for us. We stayed in the "Garden Room" because I tend to be a very private person. It was so quiet in the back of the house. We loved the private entry. Beautiful four post bed and very nice jacuzzi bath. The room walk space was a little tight, but still very cozy. Really a nice room for sleeping but not much lounge space....if you are wanting more elbow room try a king size suite or the guest cottage. I had read the reviews about the frat house across the street so I opted for the Garden Room and I'm glad I did. Other guests over breakfast testified about the "frat house" noise, but we didn't hear a thing on the back wing of the house. The JP house has antique charm throughout and a wonderful hot breakfast. The TOWELS WERE SOOO SOFT!!!!! We would leave for a few hours and come back to find our room had fresh sheets and towels. Very clean throughout the home. My only reservation was the pathway to the garden room was overtaken by landscape . It would need to be pruned well for guest to walk through without getting swatted in the face/eye. Other than that...it's a great choice in Natchitouches. Very close to downtown.

Room Tip: Garden Room is quiet with private entry
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed here many times and I am never disappointed. Usually go with my girlfriends. We stay in the Princess and the Orleans rooms. This is especially nice since these rooms share a sitting room. Plenty of space to sit and visit. Location is great, you can easily walk to shopping on Front Street.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Judge Porter House B&B before.....but this last week-end we stayed in their "guest house" which was the garage turned into cute little cottage.
We loved it!! It has a great living room with gas fireplace, a full kitchen, winding staircase that goes up to the loft bedroom. You have your own deck outside the living room with a wonderful view of the beautifully landscaped backyard and gardens. The azaleas were in full bloom and just breathtaking!! Don't let the Fraternity across the street scare you away. They are a pretty quiet bunch of guys.....even on a Friday and Saturday night. You still have the big breakfast every morning in the big house with the other guests and it is "not to be missed". This guest house is probably mine and my husbands most favorite place to stay in Natchitoches, LA from now on. He would say that the best part is that it has a great air conditioner that actually made him cold (and that doesn't ever happen), so we started the fireplace, LOL. Great ambiance. I would definitely recommend this place.. I

Room Tip: Just request the "guest house"
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2012

First off, let me just say the house is beautiful. The decor and furnishings are great and fit the time period of the house very well. We stayed in the New Orleans room and enjoyed it very much. It was quiet for the most part. The only noise we heard was around breakfast time. The inn keeper was moving around in the kitchen and office below us.

There are a few things I did not appreciate about the Judge Porter house. First off, when we arrived the frat house across the street was playing music so loud you could hear it down the road before we even saw the house. No big deal during the day but if you are visiting for a romantic night or an anniversary or something, I could see a frat party being a BIG issue. Unless of course you want to redeem your youth and party like you are 18 again, these guys will surely offer you a few beers! I also feel this house could use a little TLC in the form of dusting. When I tried to walk onto the upstairs deck I found lots of cobwebs and dead bugs on the window. I even found a cigarette butt. I should also mention here the only window that lets you onto the deck is in the sitting room upstairs.

The last thing I will mention is that there are A LOT of B&B's in Natchitoches. This one is within walking distance to Front Street & all the shops but next time I think we will be staying at one a little closer.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple