“Great stay, great city!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchitoches
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchitoches
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Natchitoches
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Beautiful room and great service. Very clean and all staff were helpful as well as friendly!!! Historic Natchitoches was just minutes away and the city is just adorable!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchitoches

Reviewed December 8, 2011

This hotel has to be one of the newest and most modern hotels in the city. It is VERY VERY clean, and has extremely modern amentities that one would expect from a big city hotel (unusual for Natchitoches). Lots of free parking, super friendly staff, EXTREMELY clean rooms and public areas, great lighting, ac system, plenty of electrical outlets, large flat screen tv, heavenly showers, nice fluffy towels, and very comfortable bedding. The breakfast was also quite nice with lots of items to choose from. In my opinion, this hotel is the best place to stay in Natchitoches if you are not looking for a bed and breakfast in the historic district. 10 min drive from everything!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank VPNor
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I hve never been dissapointed with HI Express. It's a very short and easy drive to the historic district. FYI there are NO TAXIS in Natchitoches so make sure you have your own transportation!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Jaredb45
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This is one of the newer hotels in the area, but it is located by older motels along an interstate. The parking area appeared to be shared with the older motels and I really did not feel safe. The hotel exterior and interior were very nice, but the hotel seemed to be very understaffed. On arrival, we used our hotel room bathroom which immediately overflowed. I called the front desk and was told the desk clerk would clean up the room and 'maybe' maintenance could get to it the next day - that was it. Even though I told the clerk the toilet overflowed into the carpet, she did not offer another room. I had to TELL her I wanted another room, and only then did she agree to move us. After that, the stay was perfect EXCEPT the parking - I did not have that "safe and secure as you usually expect at a hotel" feeling about my vehicle, but all went well. I would probably stay there again if I was not able to find anything else since this is the only HI Express that has ever left me with a 'less than satisfied' feeling.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank FAMILY39_11
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I was very disappointed. The hotel smells like an ashtray. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. It just flat stink of cigarettes!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Stayed at this hotel because of the ratings. Elevator would overheat and cease working; ice machine was very nasty and the ice had trash in it; walls are paper thin; roudy guests and a woman screaming most of the night (not sure out of pain or pleasure). Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I chose this hotel because of the Holiday Inn reputation. I was willing to pay over $130 for one night mainly because this hotel and interior room entry, as opposed to nearby "motel-style" outdoor-entry establishments. At 10:30 pm, I noticed there was no hot water out of the faucet. At 11:00 pm when my daughter said the shower water wouldn't warm up, the response from the front desk was "let the water run out of the faucets for 15 or 20 minutes." I was shocked not only that the hotel wasn't surprised by the issue, but offered this as a "solution". At 7:30 the next morning, there was no change in the water temperature, so I opted for a quick "sponge bath" rather than waste gallons of water down the drain. I faced the manager in person and explained my understandable dissatisfaction with the water temperature as well as my disgust at the hotel's willingness to support this wastefulness. To add insult to injury, there is a brochure placed in the room which encourages patrons to save water by taking short showers, reusing towels, etc. I left my name and number for the owner, who has yet to contact me. Suffices to say that I will never stay at this hotel again, more disgruntled by the amount of water being wasted than the lack of hot water.

• Stayed: September 2010