“Not great, but not horrible!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchitoches
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchitoches
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Natchitoches
Rusk, Texas
“Not great, but not horrible!”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This is one of the newer hotels in the area, but it is located by older motels along an interstate. The parking area appeared to be shared with the older motels and I really did not feel safe. The hotel exterior and interior were very nice, but the hotel seemed to be very understaffed. On arrival, we used our hotel room bathroom which immediately overflowed. I called the front desk and was told the desk clerk would clean up the room and 'maybe' maintenance could get to it the next day - that was it. Even though I told the clerk the toilet overflowed into the carpet, she did not offer another room. I had to TELL her I wanted another room, and only then did she agree to move us. After that, the stay was perfect EXCEPT the parking - I did not have that "safe and secure as you usually expect at a hotel" feeling about my vehicle, but all went well. I would probably stay there again if I was not able to find anything else since this is the only HI Express that has ever left me with a 'less than satisfied' feeling.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank FAMILY39_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I was very disappointed. The hotel smells like an ashtray. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. It just flat stink of cigarettes!

• Stayed July 2011
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Stayed at this hotel because of the ratings. Elevator would overheat and cease working; ice machine was very nasty and the ice had trash in it; walls are paper thin; roudy guests and a woman screaming most of the night (not sure out of pain or pleasure). Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Prairieville, Louisiana
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I chose this hotel because of the Holiday Inn reputation. I was willing to pay over $130 for one night mainly because this hotel and interior room entry, as opposed to nearby "motel-style" outdoor-entry establishments. At 10:30 pm, I noticed there was no hot water out of the faucet. At 11:00 pm when my daughter said the shower water wouldn't warm up, the response from the front desk was "let the water run out of the faucets for 15 or 20 minutes." I was shocked not only that the hotel wasn't surprised by the issue, but offered this as a "solution". At 7:30 the next morning, there was no change in the water temperature, so I opted for a quick "sponge bath" rather than waste gallons of water down the drain. I faced the manager in person and explained my understandable dissatisfaction with the water temperature as well as my disgust at the hotel's willingness to support this wastefulness. To add insult to injury, there is a brochure placed in the room which encourages patrons to save water by taking short showers, reusing towels, etc. I left my name and number for the owner, who has yet to contact me. Suffices to say that I will never stay at this hotel again, more disgruntled by the amount of water being wasted than the lack of hot water.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank malkadi
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We made reservations the night before our trip and didn't get to the hotel until after 2 PM. The lobby was nice smelling and pleasant, we checked in and went to our room only to find it hadn't been cleaned yet. The shower was a tickle and the internet went in and out. Breakfast was disappointing. We asked for a high chair and were told there was only one and it was being occupied. One highchair for the entire hotel??!! There was no fresh fruit, and the coffee had an odd taste. I ended up throwing mine out. I would stay here again though if I had too but I would eat breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Louisiana
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Had a great stay at this Holiday Inn Express. Clean, Comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was ok. Coffee was really good though.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Ball Ground, Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My husband & I traveled to Louisiana to view the grave marker on my Dad's grave for Father's Day. It was a very hard trip but the staff at this Holiday Inn made it easier.
The hotel was clean and the rooms were nicely appointed. My husband and great nephew swam in the salt water pool and had a great time. The staff at the front desk made sure that they had towels and bottled water.
We rode our motorcycle there and the staff made sure we had a secure place to park it under the portico.
I have no doubt that we will be going back to Louisiana and I think we will probably be staying in the hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple