“Horrible experience”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchitoches
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchitoches
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Natchitoches
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Stayed at this hotel because of the ratings. Elevator would overheat and cease working; ice machine was very nasty and the ice had trash in it; walls are paper thin; roudy guests and a woman screaming most of the night (not sure out of pain or pleasure). Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 26, 2010

I chose this hotel because of the Holiday Inn reputation. I was willing to pay over $130 for one night mainly because this hotel and interior room entry, as opposed to nearby "motel-style" outdoor-entry establishments. At 10:30 pm, I noticed there was no hot water out of the faucet. At 11:00 pm when my daughter said the shower water wouldn't warm up, the response from the front desk was "let the water run out of the faucets for 15 or 20 minutes." I was shocked not only that the hotel wasn't surprised by the issue, but offered this as a "solution". At 7:30 the next morning, there was no change in the water temperature, so I opted for a quick "sponge bath" rather than waste gallons of water down the drain. I faced the manager in person and explained my understandable dissatisfaction with the water temperature as well as my disgust at the hotel's willingness to support this wastefulness. To add insult to injury, there is a brochure placed in the room which encourages patrons to save water by taking short showers, reusing towels, etc. I left my name and number for the owner, who has yet to contact me. Suffices to say that I will never stay at this hotel again, more disgruntled by the amount of water being wasted than the lack of hot water.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank malkadi
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We made reservations the night before our trip and didn't get to the hotel until after 2 PM. The lobby was nice smelling and pleasant, we checked in and went to our room only to find it hadn't been cleaned yet. The shower was a tickle and the internet went in and out. Breakfast was disappointing. We asked for a high chair and were told there was only one and it was being occupied. One highchair for the entire hotel??!! There was no fresh fruit, and the coffee had an odd taste. I ended up throwing mine out. I would stay here again though if I had too but I would eat breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Had a great stay at this Holiday Inn Express. Clean, Comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was ok. Coffee was really good though.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My husband & I traveled to Louisiana to view the grave marker on my Dad's grave for Father's Day. It was a very hard trip but the staff at this Holiday Inn made it easier.
The hotel was clean and the rooms were nicely appointed. My husband and great nephew swam in the salt water pool and had a great time. The staff at the front desk made sure that they had towels and bottled water.
We rode our motorcycle there and the staff made sure we had a secure place to park it under the portico.
I have no doubt that we will be going back to Louisiana and I think we will probably be staying in the hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I've stayed in dozens of different Holiday Inn Express and this one was fine. We were driving from Dallas to Orlando for the first time and wanted a stop that would get us on the road and this was good location at just over 250 miles. It was conveniente just off highway 49, staff was friendly and rooms clean and good size. In morning I did a workout in excercise room and enjoyed breakfast. Excercise room was fine, if you use treadmill on left it was a little noisy at low speed but fine once running. We had some extra time and took a drive into town (the movie Steel Magnolias was filmed there). Town has charm with quaint stores and shops facing scenic river. River side is nice, hill drops down to an open park and there were row crews racing and craft type show. We walked up and down the street and were glad we made the side trip. For those continuing east, we did hit a long traffic jam that started about ten miles prior to bridge at Baton Rouge just after we got off long bridge. We were expecting to see a big accident but never saw. This was fist time we drove this route so maybe just result of heavy spring break traffic but maybe would have been better to visit town in evening and get earlier start to beat traffic. The drive down 49 all the way through 10 was very green and scenic.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tripplan555
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Holiday Inn Express was one of the more expensive hotels listed so I expected it to be above and beyond the others. It was average at best.

There were stains on the ceiling and walls. There were no bulbs in a couple of the lamps. I expected better for the price.

I would recommend a much cheaper selection next door. There must have been 5 hotels side by side all built about the same time.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple