“Exceeded our expectations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Steel Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 24 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I were scheduled to spend, October 25, our 43rd anniversary in Natchitoches at the Steel Magnolia Bed and Breakfast. My mother was admitted into the hospital on October 18. We changed our reservations for a later date. My dad died last March and I know after being married for 68 years my mom missed him so much. Her health quickly deteriorated and she passed away on January 14. I miss them and I know the transition into a different mindset will be difficult. With all this being said, our trip was fantastic. Getting away to such a beautiful place was just what we needed. I cannot begin to describe everything we loved about this trip. The history of the town is fascinating. Christina's suggestions of interesting places to explore,places to eat, and guided tour of this beautiful historical house and the role it played in making Natchitoches such a treasure. A real treat for me during the tour was when she pointed out the different scenes in the movie and sharing the many unknown facts about the story it was based on. After seeing the movie countless times, watching it in the very room that many of the scenes were filmed, was like seeing it for the first time. My husband loved the house and he is now a fan of the movie. Since we have been back home he has spoken to a couple of his friends about the movie and it's characters.
One thing that brought back fond memories of my grandmother was the delicious French toast. With the first bite, I could smell the aroma from her kitchen and the sound of her voice calling out to me, “Mike, how many pieces of - pain perdu -- or lost bread –do you want for breakfast?
I will sum it up by saying only this; I attribute this wonderful experience to Christina! Everything was perfect! and we will be returning.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were beautiful, we stayed in the Clairee suite. Clairee is my favorite character i...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mikie A

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Well, we just returned home to Oxford, Mississippi with fond memories of our second visit to Steel Magnolia House B&B! My wife and I first visited Natchitoches in July of this year and met Christina and Armani. We found a wonderful B&B in a unique Louisiana town with an exceptional hostess! During our July visit we heard exciting stories of Christmas on the Cane! We immediately planned a return visit with our friends from Texas! We arrived on Friday and checked into Clairee's room and Jackson's room! Christina and her staff provided us with excellent accommodations, wonderful breakfasts, a historical tour and charming Louisiana hospitality. Well worth the cost and six hour drive! Thanks to Christina, Richard and Armani!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joe M
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I enjoyed our stay at Steel Magnolia House immensely but for the fact that my family would've rather been elsewhere. If our budget would allow, if go back with my husband in a heartbeat. The lovely woman who runs the B&B was gracious to no end. The house is beautiful and I couldn't help but wish my home were more like it. I can't say enough about the delicious breakfast served in the dining room the morning after our comfortable nights' sleep in Shelby's bedroom. We ate the most wonderful French Toast (baked with cane syrup) I've ever had, preceded by a delicious yogurt dish. Before we left, we were given a wonderful tour of the home, with details exciting and historic.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed October 14, 2012

2 busy moms from Texas - We were able to steal away for a girls evening to the charming town of Natchitoches, LA. We had a blast strolling the downtown area and eating French food. Being a HUGE Steel Magnolias fan, it was a dream come true staying here, sleeping in the M'Lynn room, and watching Steel Magnolias in the very living room in the movie! We cried, laughed, and loved hearing the history of the house and the movie. Christina Landry's hospitality and knock out french breakfast made me want to come back really soon..Christmas Festival?!

Truly a wonderful time! I would recommend to all - very clean, lovely, B&B!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We enjoyed our stay so much!! It was an amazing experience and very relaxing! The homeowners are a true blessing to your stay! They were so kind and generous! The service was outstanding and we had the best breakfast ever! I can't wait to go back!!! Best anniversary gift :) I recommend it to everyone. One of a kind visit!! God bless their family!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 18, 2012

my husband and i really enjoyed our stay here.The owners were very nice and friendly and helpful as well. i would definately go again.

Room Tip: very worth the money
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Even before I arrived Richard was calling to find out what time I might get in to enable Christina to bake the magnicent cookies which were placed by my pillow each night. This was a lovely experience and not one I even knew about until I looked up to see Julia Roberts staring down at me. I came for a somber occasion; however, the owners managed to make me feel comfortable and special. Steel Magnolia B & B and the lovely owners, Richard and Christina, are definitely a step back to a more gentle time when life was less frantic and hospitality was at its finest. They embody that word. They even went out of their way to deliver my Iphone and glasses when I left them behind. I fell in love with Armani their gentle giant standard poodle who added to the ambiance.
Christina makes a fantastic breakfast and sets a gorgeous table that would be the envy of any Southern girl. Lovely is the only word to describe my experience. Thank you Christina, Richard, and Armani. The next time in I would love that tour! Barbara G

Room Tip: I unfortunately did not get to look at the other rooms as I was there for another occasion and had n...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo