“Second Trip to Steel Magnolia House”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Steel Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 23 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
Oxford, Mississippi
“Second Trip to Steel Magnolia House”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Well, we just returned home to Oxford, Mississippi with fond memories of our second visit to Steel Magnolia House B&B! My wife and I first visited Natchitoches in July of this year and met Christina and Armani. We found a wonderful B&B in a unique Louisiana town with an exceptional hostess! During our July visit we heard exciting stories of Christmas on the Cane! We immediately planned a return visit with our friends from Texas! We arrived on Friday and checked into Clairee's room and Jackson's room! Christina and her staff provided us with excellent accommodations, wonderful breakfasts, a historical tour and charming Louisiana hospitality. Well worth the cost and six hour drive! Thanks to Christina, Richard and Armani!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joe M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
North Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I enjoyed our stay at Steel Magnolia House immensely but for the fact that my family would've rather been elsewhere. If our budget would allow, if go back with my husband in a heartbeat. The lovely woman who runs the B&B was gracious to no end. The house is beautiful and I couldn't help but wish my home were more like it. I can't say enough about the delicious breakfast served in the dining room the morning after our comfortable nights' sleep in Shelby's bedroom. We ate the most wonderful French Toast (baked with cane syrup) I've ever had, preceded by a delicious yogurt dish. Before we left, we were given a wonderful tour of the home, with details exciting and historic.

• Stayed December 2011
Van, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2012

2 busy moms from Texas - We were able to steal away for a girls evening to the charming town of Natchitoches, LA. We had a blast strolling the downtown area and eating French food. Being a HUGE Steel Magnolias fan, it was a dream come true staying here, sleeping in the M'Lynn room, and watching Steel Magnolias in the very living room in the movie! We cried, laughed, and loved hearing the history of the house and the movie. Christina Landry's hospitality and knock out french breakfast made me want to come back really soon..Christmas Festival?!

Truly a wonderful time! I would recommend to all - very clean, lovely, B&B!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We enjoyed our stay so much!! It was an amazing experience and very relaxing! The homeowners are a true blessing to your stay! They were so kind and generous! The service was outstanding and we had the best breakfast ever! I can't wait to go back!!! Best anniversary gift :) I recommend it to everyone. One of a kind visit!! God bless their family!!

• Stayed September 2012
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2012

my husband and i really enjoyed our stay here.The owners were very nice and friendly and helpful as well. i would definately go again.

Room Tip: very worth the money
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Even before I arrived Richard was calling to find out what time I might get in to enable Christina to bake the magnicent cookies which were placed by my pillow each night. This was a lovely experience and not one I even knew about until I looked up to see Julia Roberts staring down at me. I came for a somber occasion; however, the owners managed to make me feel comfortable and special. Steel Magnolia B & B and the lovely owners, Richard and Christina, are definitely a step back to a more gentle time when life was less frantic and hospitality was at its finest. They embody that word. They even went out of their way to deliver my Iphone and glasses when I left them behind. I fell in love with Armani their gentle giant standard poodle who added to the ambiance.
Christina makes a fantastic breakfast and sets a gorgeous table that would be the envy of any Southern girl. Lovely is the only word to describe my experience. Thank you Christina, Richard, and Armani. The next time in I would love that tour! Barbara G

Room Tip: I unfortunately did not get to look at the other rooms as I was there for another occasion and had n...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Leeville, La
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife and I needed a quick get away and were interested in Natchitoches, LA. It is a great little town, but the town did not make this trip... The hosts did, they were AMAZING! Let me tell you, this place should be renamed to Breakfast and Bed! Not only can you relax in the pool in the afternoon (best secluded pool ever!) then you can have dinner at The Mainer (Ms. Christina will get you the best sunset view over the lake) then unwind in the jacuzzi tube before a great night's sleep... Although if it is your second night it maybe hard to sleep... THIS IS BECAUSE BREAKFAST IS AMAZING! The best ingredients, natural and organic! A healthy start to the day. Also the recipes are gourmet not the run of the mill bacon and eggs with the occasional french toast or pancake. I would stay here again just for the breakfast! The host's knowledge of the home and culture was very refreshing! This will not be our last visit for sure, excellent quick get away! From the bottom of our hearts thank you!

Room Tip: The Clarie Room is a great choice for the jacuzzi tub!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple