“FOND MEMORIES!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Steel Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 24 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Several years ago - my children went to stay with their dad for Spring break. My middle daughter - then age 15, had wanted to go out of state with a friend. At the last minute, the trip was cancelled and she had also missed the opportunity to go to her dad's, who lived out of town also. Since it was just the two of us, I drove to Natchitoches just to visit the town and some of the plantations. We had a great time doing that and decided to have dinner before we headed back that evening. We passed by Steel Magnolia's B&B and ad to stop. My daughter was mesmerized and she was star-struck. She was excited just to be there. I got a brochure and took it along with us to the restaurant. While there, I stepped away and called and was able to reserve the Jackson room - the only room left. I surprised my daughter with a night at Steel Magnolia's B&B. She was beyond excited. It was the first time for us ever to stay at a B&B and we LOVED it! She graduates High School this year (2012) and I may surprise her again with a RETURN VISIT! She's never forgotten the trip and has always wanted to come back. We may see you SOON! Thank you for your hospitality and we really enjoyed the formal Candlelight breakfast!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Terrie P

Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband, 2 kids and I stayed in Truvy's Guesthouse. It was very spacious, clean and comfortable. It was just what we needed after a long week of living out of suitcases. Christina and her husband (the owners), were so sweet and accomodating that they made us feel completely at home. I would highly reccomend staying at this particular Natchotiches B&B!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My sister surprised me with a trip to the Steel Magnolia house. She led me to believe we were staying at the Hampton Inn. Steel magnolias is one of my favorite movies. The owner of the house Christina and her husband were very welcoming. The room was beautiful. We stayed in the Jackson room. The breakfast and company were awesome! Christina taught me that the movie is a true story and she knows the family personally. I learned so much. This is definatley a check on my bucket list. One of the best experiences in my life.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Wonderful place to stay with a very gracious host. The breakfast was great and had a southern flare! Be sure to watch the movie before arriving, but just in case there is a dvd in each room!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Two friends and I stayed for a "School's Out" break. We are all teachers. The home is beautiful. We very much enjoyed the tour. We are great Steel Magnolia fans. The breakfast was fabulous! We enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Steel Magnolia House as part of our Anniversay Trip to Natchitocdhes in June. We really loved it. It had been some time since I watched the movie. It was so much fun to sit there and watch the movie in the house where it was filmed. We stayed in the Shelby Room. There is a big chair that sits by the window and if you are an early riser, you can set there and watch the sun come up. It was beautiful.
The hostess and her husband are very sweet people. You feel as though you are family and when you leave it feels like you are leaving family. Our breakfast was truly beautiful and wonderfully delicious. I would difinitley recommend making part of your trip to Natchitoches a stay at The Steel Magnolia House. Thanks for a truly delightful stay. Hope to come again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mibonCordova
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I have stayed at numerous Bed and Breakfast Inns throughout the US and this is one of the Best. Christina one of the owners makes you feel like family immediately. She is one of the best innkeepers I have ever encountered. She gives personalized tours of her house which was used for the filming of Steel Magnolia's and she will help you with choosing and making reservations at local restaurants. This is a true gem and rightly rated #1 by trip advisor reviewers and the breakfast is a true gourmet experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple