“Have stayed here many times..”
Review of Church Street Inn

Church Street Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Great place to stop when driving between my summer home in the mtns of NM and my winters in Huntsville, AL. Parking area behind hotel is surrounded by a secure, tall iron fence, a big plus when you are carrying your most important papers, computers etc back and forth cross country. Only half a block to the main street of Nachitoches' historic district with a nice choice of closeby of really good restaurants.

Accomodations are comfortable and attractive. And it includes a good hot breakfast. Natchitoches is a little out of my way but, gotta see the Houston grandkids and going through Natchitoches misses Shreveport. I always enjoy the overnite and the food. Day after tomorrow and I will be eating froglegs or seafood.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank HornDozer

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was the second time we have stayed at this great Inn. In fact, we extended our trip so we could stay one additional night here. The rooms are excellent and nicely decorated. The upstairs balcony is a real treat.
The staff is excellent - especially Jessica - who seemed to know everything about the Natchitoches area.

Room Tip: Choose any room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JaneHarmonMeeks
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This hotel is beautiful! The staff is wonderful. The beds and the linens are so comfortable. The location is perfect. The bathroom and all of the furnishings are modern, but the rooms still have an antique feel to them. I can't say enough good things about this place. Even if you're just stopping in Natchitoches for the night, I'd recommend this hotel. It's great if you want the feel of a bed and breakfast, but want the privacy of a hotel. I'd give it 10 stars if I could. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank moonboot44
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was a great little hotel down in the historic district of Natchitoches, LA. It was a last minut decision to stay overnight in this town while we were visiting at the local pub. What a wonderful idea as it was a great and comfortable place right downtown. It is a real historical town in LA that has some wonderful shops and sights. It is much better than staying on the freeway, and about the same price.

Room Tip: Ask for a large King bedroom at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phillip S
Jan S, Owner at Church Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We agree with you that Natchitoches is a beautiful city with a lot of amazing things to do and see. We are glad your schedule permitted an unplanned overnight visit and are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We hope you will come again to stay at the Inn when you have time to relax here in the heart of beautiful historic Natchitoches!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel is all about the location. They have done a great job renovating the building to make it a hotel and it is very evident that the staff works hard to make it a good stay. The breakfast is good, parking is easy, and the staff is very friendly.

The negatives... the bed was not ideal, the air conditioner struggled (but managed) all night, and the walls are thin... BUT the location and staff definately makes up for some of this...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeorgeQuin
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Been in this town many time never enjoyed it as much as when we stayed in bed and breakfasts. Half a block from Main Street with shops and restaurants. Room was great bed was very comfortable only issue was carpet was very worn. Enjoyed breakfast and Louisiana coffee in room and lobby.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jan S, Owner at Church Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hello
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Inn. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the accommodations as well as the coffee! We are aware of some cosmetic updates needed and are working diligently to address these in a timely manner. We hope to have all such issues addressed before your next visit to our Inn! Thank you again for the feedback! Regards, Joy & David McGraw

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I settled on this hotel when I realized it was only $20-25.00 more than the hotels on the outskirts of town. The extra cost was worth the convenience of being within walking distance of everything. While my dh attended the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame ceremony I knew I needed to be able to walk around town and sight-see which is how Church Inn was chosen.

Pros:

Conveniently located downtown where the shops and a few restaurants are. You can view the entire downtown in ten minutes if you walk fast but I took my time and strolled, visiting all the open shops and resting by the river.

Front desk person was very friendly upon arrival. I called her while turning on the street and she gave me code to enter gated parking lot. She even gave me a toothbrush when I realized I'd forgotten my own. The front desk person on Sunday morning when I departed was also very sweet. She even typed up a nice letter to the patrons of the hotel and taped it to the desk so you could read while checking out. I believe her name was Deidra.

Water, coffee and cookies for your pleasure in lobby.

Furniture of decent quality and room was clean.

There was a mini fridge with complimentary water, coffee.

Free Breakfast in the morning. There were sausages, already made french toast, crepes, fruit, yogurt, orange juice, coffee...typical breakfast food.

Patio on second floor which I sat out on for a while to read and watch the few passerby's below. There is also a vending machine on the 2nd floor.

Cons:

Carpet in hallway and elevator quite weathered and beat up in some places.

The toilet seat in my room on first floor was up when we arrived and showed clear signs of wear and tear. How difficult is it to change a toilet seat?

The shower curtain in my bathroom was also beat up and possibly burnt at the bottom?

The sheets and pillowcases look worn and faded.

This is unacceptable for me for a room that costs over $200.00 a night.

(FYI:There is no public transportation OR taxi's. An elderly woman complained about this in the lobby b/c it was too hot for her to walk).

The walls are thin and I could hear my neighbor's conversation through the wall.

Overall I expected more due to the cost but it's clear you're paying for location only. I think the rooms in the motels on the outskirts of town could possibly rival these at Church Inn but they don't have the walking into town advantage of Church Inn. I don't plan on visiting Natchitoches again but if I did I would probably stay here ONLY b/c of the convenient location. It's really not worth the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cali C
Jan S, Owner at Church Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Inn. We are sorry to hear that you had anything other than an exceptional experience while staying with us. We do agree with you about the friendliness of the staff members, (most of whom have been here for several years) and we are always happy to hear that guests are treated courteously. As the new owners of this 10+ year old renovated bank building we are truly delighted to have the opportunity to continue to provide travelers with this unique place to stay while visiting beautiful historic Natchitoches. As new owners for only a few months now, we assure you that numerous cosmetic changes have already taken place and more are planned in the near future. Carpeting in the hallways and guest rooms has recently been professionally cleaned. This happened since your stay with us (even before we see your review). As you mentioned we also saw the wear & tear and wanted to address that accordingly. We were particularly interested in the comments about the bathrooms and promptly checked each room and are having both the toilet seats and shower curtains & rods replaced. We agree with you that simply changing the toilet seat is not difficult and we apologize for that oversight earlier than now. In addition, our provider recently upgraded to all new linens and we have numerous compliments on the quality & comfort of the bedding. Again we want to thank you for staying here, for all the positive aspects of the hotel that you did highlight, and for the valuable constructive criticism as we continue to strive for excellence.