“Incredible staff, tasty cornbread étouffée”
Review of Maglieaux's

Maglieaux's
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I ate here with my significant other on a Sat night, about an hour before the fireworks started. It was packed, but since we were staying at the Sweet Cane Inn and one of the Inn's staff members recognized us, she was nice enough to find us a table. Hector our server promptly took our order, brought us our drinks and told us as Inn guests we could get a free appetizer or dessert.

We ordered cornbread and crawfish étouffée as our appetizer which was bursting with flavor and which we highly recommend. Our dishes, a grilled cheese, tomato, and basil panini and an eggplant Parmesan were okay, but nothing special. I would have liked the panini to have been pressed but the basil and cheese were very fresh. The eggplant Parmesan was good with the sweet sauce but it didn't work with the spaghetti so I can understand the complaints.

Hector was exceedingly quick with our dishes and extremely courteous and got us out the door in time to find a good spot for the fireworks. If you choose your dishes appropriately, and are aware of the sweet spaghetti sauce, you will get exceptional service and a decent meal.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Enjoyed some unusual menu selections and had a good time meeting friends there. It was a great location right on the waterfront.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We have eaten at Maglieaux's several times for both lunch and dinner. The food has been consistent which is a plus because I love the crab meat stuffed portabello and champagne shrimp. I had the eggplant parmesan on the last visit and it was soooo good. Its obvious they use fresh ingredients in their recipes. The servers have always been attentive and took care of all our needs. When the weather is nice we love to sit on the outdoor decks that overlook the Cane River. I love the menu because it offers us something different from the regular fare you find at most restaurants. Maglieaux's has become a must when we visit Natchitoches.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I recently visited Natchitoches with a group. we stayed for only one night. I made group reservations for the group a few months before we arrived at Maglieaux's. I spoke with the owner, Kathy and Elizabeth. They were very nice and accommodating. I called the grouop's order in by noon that day and all was set. Well.....

The restaurant was beautiful and the atmosphere was perfect but as time went on there were complications with the food and service. Some of the parents raved about how great the food was, but most of the parents (including myself) and the athletes did not enjoy it. By the time we were served our food was room temperature or cold. Also a group came in 20 minutes after us and was served before us (even their salads). I know it took a while to take the parents orders but I called the athletes orders in before noon. The other group was larger than our group. We arrived at 6:25 and didn't leave until after 9:45.

The waitress for the athletes was very nice and patient. She was doing the best she could possibly do. She also seemed pretty young. I believe management dropped the ball. When I spoke to the manager she was very unapologetic.

I sent an email to the owner about that night and haven't heard a word from the.... Nothing...

4  Thank zwjones
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The meatballs tasted burnt and all the sauces including Alfredo tasted like they were loaded with sugar. We could only eat a few bites of our food. They really need better recipes and a better cook.

2  Thank Donna B
kjrichmond, Owner at Maglieaux's, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

We regret that our red sauce was not to your liking. As mentioned in our menu item descriptions, our red sauce is a traditional southern Italian sweet sauce. Our Alfredo sauce is traditional also and sweetened only with pure heavy cream and real butter. No sugar is added.

More importantly we regret that we were not given the opportunity to guide you to menu items that would be more to your liking. It’s always our pleasure to work with our customers to find the best menu items possible for their palates.