“Good Grub”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Susan and I began our visit to Natchitoches with lunch at Lasyone's, and, as always, it was unpretentious, straightforward, good grub. Service was fine. Susan's meat pie was dandy as per usual (80% beef, 20% pork, somewhat understated spices), and my red beans and rice came in a generous portion and tasty as expected. My recommendation: include a stop at Lasyone Meat Pie Kitchen every time you come to town.

1  Thank Robert H

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is the first time I tried a meat pie and it was delicious. I ordered the meat pie basket and chose red beans and rice which were also very tasty. My significant other ordered onion rings and a crawfish pie which he enjoyed. I also had a bite of the crawfish and agree that this version is just as good. We topped it off by splitting a lemon icebox pie made with an excellent crumbly crust.

As others have said, they close at 3pm. We arrived a little before 2:30pm on a Friday and only had a short wait. Service was prompt and friendly, and our meals came out freshly made in no time. You pay your bill at the counter on the way out and if you need to use the restroom it's a one-seater in the back of the restaurant so you may need to wait. Easy parking on Second Street and unique tasty pies inside would have me coming back if I lived a little closer.

1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Followed advice of loyal Trip Advisors and decided to check out the hype. We tried each of the pies (meat and crawfish) as well as the dirty rice, rice and beans, and the onion rings. The pies were good as well as all the sides. They weren't knock your socks off good or anything, but they were good. This is a niche food and I think everyone who visits Nachitoches should at least try it. They are only open from 7a-3p, so we came for lunch. There was nothing exceptional regarding the staff, and there wasn't much of a wait at 1:00 on Thursday. The food was filling and we at least were able to experience a food unique to the area.

1  Thank kseis
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The food was wonderful. True South Louisiana cuisine. I had meat pie, with dirty rice, red beans, and salad bar- the salad bar is not much. There was lettuce, egg, cheese and dressing. It was the other salads that were so wonderful - potato, pasta, bean, and slaw. Each one homemade, and were wonderful. The portions for the meal were generous. Meat pie, full of flavor, dirty rice was a bit spicy, but good, red beans wonderful with a hint of sweetness. Dessert strawberry shortcake was delicious. One of our party member had Chocolate cake and it was not good, the waitress promptly removed it from our ticket. The atmosphere was small and older, but that is the building it is in. They even had staff serving food on the outside of the restaurant! I WILL BE BACK REAL SOON! FYI= they close at 3pm so you had better plan to go early.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Nine of us ate here for lunch. The meat pies are AWESOME!! They appear to be deep fried with a very savory beef stuffing. Crayfish pies were also had by two people and were enjoyed very much. The red beans & rice were tasty as was the potato salad. Others had the dirty rice and thought it was very good - it is spicy though! The service was very friendly and on the ball. If you come to Natchitoches, you must try the meat pies!