“The Price was Right!”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Natchitoches
louisiana
“The Price was Right!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

One of my big disappointments in the hotels in Natchitoches is that prices can be kind of 'gouge-y' (for example, it's not hard to find a hotel on the beaches of Mississippi or in the city of New Orleans for the same price or cheaper than what hotels off the Interstate in Natchitoches will run you).

While I usually stay at one of two other chains that I have loyalty memberships in, I saw that Fairfield undercut them by up to $30. I figured it was worth a try.

Glad I made the choice. Beds were extremely comfy, hotel was TASTEFULLY appointed (sorry, I've stayed at other hotel chains whose decor was more akin to 1970's era European adult films), breakfast was awesome. Two waffle irons is a nice touch, eggs tasted like eggs instead of a mix, etc.

Location is great, as the hotel shares a parking area with a Wendy's, Popeye's and a convenience store, so a lot to choose from for the hungry without needing to hop back in the car. It's also down the road from Nicky's, a pretty awesome locally-owned Mexican place.

Most important was the staff! Everyone greeted us with a sincere smile. Never once did I feel that an employee greeted us 'because they had to'. The desk help went above and beyond when we needed a favor, the breakfast crew kept things moving along. I think I've found my new spot! I just hope they can keep undercutting the gougers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank riroon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mandeville, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Checked in for one
Night so we would be close to NSU for freshman orientation. Front desk staff was great. Our room was clean beds were comfy and breakfast was flavorful, hot and offered a lot Of choices. Will
Definitely stay again when visiting daughter.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lisa B
Greeley, Colorado, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were passing thought LA and stopped for the night at the Fairfield Inn. We enjoyed our stay here. The young man that checked us in was very helpful, told about a great place to eat in town, and offered up quite a bit of history about the town. We would defiantly stay here again and plan to return to this area! The hotel was very new, breakfast was great, the staff was all very happy and helpful! Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tammy M
Colorado Springs, CO
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,044 helpful votes
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Knowing this hotel was new & nice, we really wanted to like this hotel. For the most, part we did like this hotel but it had one huge flaw.

The good parts: Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Hotel had nice, modern decor. It was fairly clean. Breakfast was very good - scrambled eggs were delicious as was the smoked ham, Greek yogurt, oatmeal, etc. Muffins were a bit stale.

Overall, the hotel was fairly clean. There was mud/dirt throughout the hallways - I am sure this was from the boots of the archaeologists staying at the hotel. I rode in the elevator twice with them.

Our room had hair on the bathroom floor & also on the pillowcase. Hair on pillowcases always makes me wonder if the linens were changed from the previous guest.

The wifi signal was poor & could not be accessed from the desk in the room. We could only get a signal by the bathroom door so to use the wifi, we went to the hotel lobby.

The beds were fairly comfortable. What made this hotel less than desirable was the thermostat! Oh my goodness!!! It was summertime in Louisiana - hot & humid. The thermostat is controlled by some energy saving mode which shuts itself off during the night. Nothing like waking up frequently during the night sweating and getting little to no sleep then having to drive 8 hours the next day.

There are many qualities I look for in a hotel. Sleep quality has to rank #1. After our stay, I've been informed that most Marriotts (including Fairfield Inns) have motion detector thermostats which shut off when there is no motion in the room as a way to save energy. Since there is no movement in the room when you are sleeping, you end up with no A/C and a very hot room all night long.
This makes us doubt if we will ever stay at any of the Marriott hotels again - unless we have no other option.

Room Tip: If you stay in the summer, you may have a very hot night sleep due to the thermostat settings.
3 Thank nowincolorado
Brad H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Natchitoches, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear NOWINCOLORADO,

I apologize for your stay being less than perfect. We strive to bring our guest the best stay posible. We also like to make things right when a guest has an issue. If you would contact me directly by phone or email, I would like to do just that. The hotel number is 318-354-8007 or email me at gmfi@gaphotels.net. I look forward to hearing from you.
Arkansas
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were in Natchitoches for a showcase baseball tournament this month. We stayed a few days at the Fairfield Inn. It's very NEW and EASY TO FIND. We were able to easily get to and from the college baseball field, as well as everything we wanted to see and do between/after games.

The hotel was very nice and modern. I love staying at a new hotel. The room was spacious, with plenty of storage space for 4 people. We also had a chair and ottoman, plus a desk and chair. The beds were fresh, white, and extremely comfortable. We had plenty of electrical outlets for our cell phones, laptops, etc. The bathroom was very large and well-lit. I also liked the fact that the microwave and refrigerator were located away from the TV and desk. It was just a good arrangement.

I'm not a big breakfast eater, but my son and my parents enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning. My son always returned with a hot cup of coffee for me. I am a picky coffee drinker, and I really loved their coffee.

The only kink they needed to work out was the washing machine. It wasn't working, but that wasn't even a problem-- In fact, it was a blessing. The night staff apologized for the inconvenience, and washed my son's baseball uniform for me each night!!! (You can't beat that!) It was so nice to not have to stay up late, washing that uniform. Thank you, Fairfield Inn!

We just really enjoyed our stay. I'll definitely want to return! :)

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 queen beds. It was excellent for 4 people. We noticed no noise on the 3rd flo...
2 Thank TXKBaby
Lafayette, LA
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is our first time in this hotel. From the moment we arrived until our departure every encounter with the hotel staff, even if just in passing engendered a smile and a pleasant word from that person. It was delightful.

The room was clean, up to date and I can find not a single item to suggest improvement. We were only here for a single night but I do believe if we stayed a week or a month, our impression of this property would be precisely as it is now, A Wonderful place to stay if you are in this area.

2 Thank Douglas Reid
Crowley, Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the brand new Fairfield Inn during a Christmas visit to Natchitoches. The décor was very modern and beautiful. We greatly enjoyed our stay here; however, in our king room there was only a shower. It was very large and ultra nice, but I missed having a tub! We highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple