“New, convenient, New, nice, New, New, New!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Natchitoches
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Natchitoches
Dallas, Texas
“New, convenient, New, nice, New, New, New!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

"New" has proven to always be good when it comes to our experiences with hotels. This is no exception - it has only been open about 3 months, so it is "new" in our book. For this price range, the Fairfield Inn was a great fit for our needs. Although it was just off the interstate 49, I didn't know exactly where to turn into their property, as it was not clearly marked, almost turned into a gas station. But, that's just me - I like big lettered and easily distinguished street signs, which was missing on our visit. Rooms, staff (Tre'), and amenities were all up for the job - Tre' was local (knowledgeable) and capably assisted with area restaurant choices. Not sure if all rooms (we had 321 & 322) are the same, but these did not have a tub - just a very nice and large shower, yet without a hand-held sprayer. Difficult to keep from getting one's hair wet, as well as being located high on the wall - difficult for those vertically challenged.

Room Tip: 322 overlooks the front parking lot, 321 (across the hall) overlooked trees.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank WildWilliam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We travel through Natchitoches, several times a year and have stayed @ the Comfort Suites next door. I discovered Marriott had constructed this Fairfield with a good rate & we were pleasantly surprised! Shernella & Tre greeted us warmly, answered questions & checked us in promptly & efficiently.
Shaneka prepared a variety of warm & cold breakfast goodies to get us on our way @ 7:00am. The King room was clean, comfortable and inviting! We shall be back!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank gb7ihla
Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I booked a high school group at this hotel. It was NOT open yet, but they promised me that they will be open in time for our event. Well after touching base a often, when we arrived they opened at 3pm THAT DAY! ( they came through) The hotel is very nice, clean, has a great breakfast AND is in walking distance to the best meats pies in town! Also, it's only minutes from the course.
The DOS Shawna, was awesome and very accommodating. The only complaint I had is they put some of the athletes in kings w/sofa while some parents were in doubles when I specified doubles. (I know, it's not a big deal)

That being said, I have tentatively booked the group again for next year. They should be running smoothly by then. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

The kids and I stayed here on our trip to see the Christmas lights. It was a great place to stay. I am so glad that we found this place. New and clean--what more can you ask for. We also decided to eat breakfast here instead of on the road and we are do glad we did. Quick and easy. Oh, and it tasted good too.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank GeauxTigers93
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Natchitoches. We come to Natchitoches every year for the wonderful Christmas celebration and lights. This was the first year that this hotel was available so we decided to give it a try! WOW I am so glad we chose this place. It is a brand new hotel and the service was WONDERFUL!! I was greeted at the front desk with a warm and wonderful smile! They were so nice and professional. They were very helpful and knowledgable about the area! THANK YOU!! The rooms are beautiful and the decore of the hotel is amazing! Not to mention they had a GREAT breakfast in the morning! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area! Next time we come we are definitely staying here. Thank you for such an amazing stay!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Trent T
Marrero, Louisiana
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the first day it opened. The room was nice - needed more lighting in bathroom and something was making noise in wall of our room. Told the front desk the next morning and they were going to have the noise checked out. I was told that the hotel was in the process of adding more lights to the bathroom as they had discovered the same problem. There were a bunch of kids staying there for the state cross country meet and we were a little worried that they would be noisy but we did not hear them at all. We will stay at this hotel again when we are in this area. The front desk employees were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family