“Usual Gas Station”

French Market Express
Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We purchased fuel at this location but after going inside decided we would try another location for drinks and food.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Don't fall for it. We were searching for a local place to eat and found this via several search engines. This is a glorified convenience store with a food concession.

4  Thank Cheryl B
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stopped for gas and left with a mouthful of crawfish pies and yam cakes. Both very good and unexpected. Also had a pretty good piece of pecan pie. The meat pies looked good as well, but no one was hungry enough to get more food. We will scheudle it on the trip as a stop next time and not eat lunch beforehand. Don't expect a restaurant, this is a gas station with some tables and a kitchen. But, it is good food and the place was clean. There were three local policeman eating there when we pulled through, if that tells you something. Yummy!

2  Thank udontripmeoff
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is very near the hotels and highway. The food is very good. We had baked chicken, cabbage and you must try the Louisiana Yam Cake. In fact, I am back home and I am ordering one to be sent here at home. It is a place for gas and other item that make life on the road bearable.

2  Thank lccalifornia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stopped for lunch on Sun. I decided to try the famed original meat pie. I was not at all impressed, but it was only $1.79, so I was not out much. My husband had the Philly steak sandwich, and he said it was great. I got a cinnamon roll which was very large and yummy. We forgot to try the yam cake.