“Must visit for the Louisiana Yam Cake!”

French Market Express
Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Cuisines: Fast Food, American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Francisco/Bay Area
“Must visit for the Louisiana Yam Cake!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is very near the hotels and highway. The food is very good. We had baked chicken, cabbage and you must try the Louisiana Yam Cake. In fact, I am back home and I am ordering one to be sent here at home. It is a place for gas and other item that make life on the road bearable.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank lccalifornia

Arlington, Texas
“Unusual gas station food”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for lunch on Sun. I decided to try the famed original meat pie. I was not at all impressed, but it was only $1.79, so I was not out much. My husband had the Philly steak sandwich, and he said it was great. I got a cinnamon roll which was very large and yummy. We forgot to try the yam cake.

Visited June 2013
“A "Must Stop" Kinda' Store”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

You won't be sorry for stopping but you will be sorry if you can't or don't get meat pies and yam cake! They are the bomb! French Market is one of out first stops when arriving in Natchitoches and our last stop on our way home. They have such an awesome variety of items in the store but the deli is where the real treat is! We have always had good service here, even when we have to wait for a fresh batch of meat pies to be cooked. The wait is never too long and we can find something to look at while waiting. They have great Cajun cookbooks and a huge selection of spices and seasonings. Any cook can find something different there. They also have one of the biggest jugs of Tabasco sauce we have ever seen! As the saying goes, "you can eat and get gas there"!! Awesome place!

1 Thank ACsmartone
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Quick food, unexpected variety”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A few notches above the typical hot-food gas stations in the area. They have crawfish & meat pies, corndogs, chicken tenders, other various fried foods, salads, pastries & desserts. I was pleasantly surprised that they make the salads to order, and they're pretty substantial too. Also have a small frozen food selection & frozen Natchitoches Meatpies.
Pretty big beer and wine selection for a gas station. Food is reasonably priced. Order at the counter and sit down to eat or take it to go. Open 24 hours.

2 Thank ToadiesLB
Vidalia, Louisiana
“Always plan my trip around stopping here”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have to travel on I-49 quite frequently for business and I always stop at this market. It appears to be a gas station but once you inside, you will not only a large selection of Louisiana delicacies, including the famous Natchitoches meat pie and boudin, but you will find a very large selection of wine at very reasonable prices. It is definitely worth the stop!

1 Thank liane69