Violet Hill Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Natchitoches
See available hotels
Chateau Saint Denis(Natchitoches)
  • Breakfast included
Louisiane Motel(Natchitoches)
Motel 6 Natchitoches(Natchitoches)
View Hotel
All reviewsback porchcane river lakeb bgreat housefirst timerswithin walking distance to downtownwicker chairsoverlooking the waterplenty of chairsbed and breakfasteggs benedictother guestshouse keepercomplimentary soft drinksfront streetminor basilicaa king size bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My sister, my mom, and myself stayed in the Puckett Suite and had a great time. The beds were very comfortable and the suite itself very roomy. The B&B was quiet even though it was full, so you don't hear other guests easily. It is within walking distance to the downtown area, and the deck area in the river is a great place to sit and relax. The breakfast on both days was delicious and the host John was full of knowledge on what to do and how to get there. All in all, a great stay, and I plan on returning with my husband one day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank rachel30scott
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Six of us ladies stayed at Violet Hill December 4 & 5, 2013 and departed on the morning of Dec. 6. We had a wonderful time and Violet Hills was the highlight of the trip.

Great lodging, great food, but what we enjoyed the most was the friendliness of the manager and staff. John directed to good shopping, good eating locations and some very interesting history of the town.

Anyone wanting to have a great get-away put this on your agenda. It is a must!

Dale Ramey

Room Tip: Sorry, can't be sure of our room name, but it was the one that opened onto the bottom deck and overlooked the Cane River. Great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Violet Hill numerous times, for the Christmas lights, and for any time we want to get away. We love the Violet Hill, as well as all their other properties: the Queen Anne, the Judge Porter House, and the Andrew Morris House. In fact, their service is so above the rest that we won't even stay anywhere else! If all these properties are booked for the time we want to visit, we change our days. We have been staying since 2007, and all the hosts are so gracious, we just can't get enough. I just can't express in words how much I appreciate their sincerity, their hospitality, and their desire to please their guests. Thank you for another fantastic weekend!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2013

for the past several years, my husband and I have stayed at the VIolet HIll for the Christmas Lights in Natchitoches. The inn is far enough away from the maddening crowd but close enough for walking to Front Street for shopping, sightseeing and eating. The inn is warm and beautiful, the staff amazing and breakfast is a fine dining experience. Charles is a grand host - attending to your every need. Oh, and did I mention the back porch and dock on the river? OMG.

Thank you Charles for always creating a wonderful holiday weekend for us. see you next year!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the Inn have easy access to the back porch, overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and I loved everything about this beautiful B and B. Our room was spacious with a wonderful large bathroom , which had double sinks, a claw foot tub and a shower. John made delicious breakfasts and served us like we were royalty. The small touches like the fridge loaded with complimentary soft drinks and an ice maker were nice. We were lucky to have perfect weather for sitting on the back porch and enjoying the Christmas lights on the Cane River. The beds are heavenly and the location was perfect for walking to the Jefferson Street shopping and local pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple