“Pass on this place”

Cane River Bar and Grill
Ranked #17 of 66 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Description: Cane River Bar & Grill specializes in BBQ, steaks, and seafood. We cook. You eat. It's that simple.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I will start by saying that this place has a beautiful view. The atmosphere is great, and who doesn't want to enjoy a meal on the river front? Now... Out of a party of 8 not one of us enjoyed our meal. This place has BBQ on the sign under the name and a BBQ place this is not. It has 4 menu items under BBQ. I ordered the sliced brisket and mac n' cheese and it was by far the worst BBQ meal I have ever had. Maybe it was because I had high expectations of this place, but I was not pleased. The brisket was greasy and fat and was served with very lightly toasted plain white bread and the mac n' cheese was literally the Blue box, Kraft Macaroni and cheese. The best thing we had at this place was the fried pickles. Save your money.

1  Thank Dirt_Beast

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Food-Wise, nothing exciting. OK muffaletta sandwich (I've had better), OK meat pies (I've had much better empanadas). But the seating at the back on the porch over looking Cane River is very picturesque. So all in all, a worthwhile stop on a trip through the city.

One minor gripe: on parking in front of the restaurant we were overwhelmed by on odor of rotting garbage. They need to empty the dumpster more often, or at least move it somewhere else. Not a problem inside or on the back porch, though.

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

When the weather is just right you can sit out back overlooking the river. The view makes up for any shortcomings otherwise.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have been here three times. The food was never better than average but the service has been very good! last night Haley took great care of us despite the fact the kitchen cranked out one burnt burger, a bad looking chicken plate, a cold order of Etoufee and another burger that was ordered with avocado bacon and cheese that had none of the above. The good thing is that the waitress was soooo nice we will be back for another go at it! This is s fun place but the food can be better. I hope next time it is.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Boxed Mac and Cheese! Bacos on the salad. Margarine instead of butter. The steaks are almost. $26 and the potatoes are reheated.

1  Thank Luv2TravelWW