“THE WORST INN”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Natchitoches
Leesville, Louisiana
“THE WORST INN”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I had booked a room for two nights, a month in advance, while visiting Natchitoches due to the All-Stars Baseball State Playoffs. I had requested a 1st floor room by the pool. When I arrived I had been placed on the 2nd floor, but the clerk accommodated me by placing me on the 1st level by the pool. When I opened the door to the room, there was a strong musky odor that hit you in the face. The carpet was dirty and parts of the acoustic ceiling was falling down onto the beds. The air conditioning did not blow cold and the tub and sink was dirty. I had as always brought my Lysol and bleach to clean before we used the room but I first went to inform the clerk that the air was not working...only blowing hot air. I lady came to look at the air unit and it worked for about 5 minutes. I had began cleaning the room during the time the air was working and found mold in the refrigerator and when I pulled the covers back on the bed to Lysol all mattresses and covers...I found tiny black BUGS on the sheets and crevices of the mattresses. I got my family out immediately and went to tell the Clerk what I had found. The clerk stated she would move me to another room and I gave her the key and told her that we would not be staying and not to charge my credit card. While at the front desk dealing with this issue there were three other individuals who came up and said they were leaving due to their rooms not being clean and that they had BUGS in their beds as well. Two days later I found out that the hotel had charged my credit card for the two nights, even though I was only there a total of about 15 minutes. Now, still today 7/19/2011...two weeks later, I am still arguing with the owner to refund my credit card due to me not staying in the room because of the health hazards. The owner stated that he was going by the house cleaning reports which states that someone was in the room for two days. I am now faxing over proof from another hotel showing that I stayed there and I hope this clears up this issue. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone....EVER. This is the worst rooms and service that I have ever experienced.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
briannatchitoches, Owner at Motel 6 Natchitoches, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
We consider all feedback, valuable feedback. I would like to apologize for the all of the issues that you had to encounter during your time with us. We strive to meet every guest’s expectation and this experience as expressed by you, was not to your expectation of quality service. We took your concerns very seriously in reference to the unknown bugs in the room. I can assure you that I took every measure at no expense to ensure all of the issues were taken care of and am proud to say, we were given a clean bill of health shortly after the issue occurred. We have taken your feedback as an opportunity to increase our aim for Guest Expectations, Guests Satisfaction and Quality of Service, especially Cleanliness. However, it was still very disappointing that we failed in some keys areas to satisfy and create a welcoming environment for you and your family, and I offer my sincerest apologies.

Best Regards,
Brian Shon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I read the reviews before booking my stay and hoped that that the reviews were wrong especially since the hotel's website boasts that the place has been remodeled. Boy, was I wrong!!!! The only thing remodeled on this hotel is the lobby. The rooms are musty and dirty. It doesn't appear that the rooms have undergone extensive cleaning since the hotel was built. The furniture is old and dated, the rooms need dusting (baseboards in bathroom are caked with dust) and there are hard water stains in the tub and face bowl; I was scared to step into the shower without my flip flops on.

The refrigerator is a mini-fridge; the most you can get in there is bottled water. On top of that, the one in room 115 didn't work and the shower in 115 backs up on your feet. We were moved to RM 119 which was no better...there seems to be low water pressure at the hotel. The toilets flush sluggishly and/or backs up after the flush. The water in the shower runs luke warm at best.

The hotel's website also states that there is a fitness center on site. How about ALL of the equipment in there is broken or in the case of the treadmill, the office doesn't have the key that starts it. The owner told my husband that someone checked it out and never returned it! The only good thing about this debacle is we ended up visiting Natchitoches Health and Racquet Club which was awesome. They charge a daily rate if you are in town for a few days...check it out!

I do not recommend that you stay at this hotel unless it is your very last resort!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jnkmljnke

Travelers are raving about these Natchitoches hotels