“No Oysters AGAIN!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Disappointed that a place that calls it self an oyster house does not carry oysters year round!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Went on a Tuesday around 3pm. The restaurant was kept dark, a nice change from the hot sun outside.

I'd ordered the shrimp and corn soup for an appetizer, the 'spicy' blackened catfish topped with crawfish etouffee for my entree.

The soup was very flavorful with a generous portion of shrimp.

The main dish was just as good.

The waitress was friendly and talkative, very helpful. The iced tea was great. I will definitely be back next time I am in town.

NOTES:

1/ Regarding the etouffee that topped the catfish: First, the crawfish were tiny -- unexpected since we are on the tail end of crawfish season here.

2/ On a better note, the etouffee was much better prepared that what passes in many restaurants. A lot of places will pride themselves on 'etouffee' that is nothing more than a thick, overfloured and underseasoned paste with an onion piece or two. Mama's etoufee was in a much thinner, tasty dark roux ladened with veggies and seasoning. Except for the tiny crawfish, this was the best etouffee I'd ever had.

3/ A lot of the items on the menu are labeled 'spicy', including the dishes I had. Overall, the heat level was on par (or slightly hotter) than Popeye's spicy chicken. Also, even though there was heat, all the flavors came thru. The spice was there to enhance the flavor, not dare you to incinerate your taste buds.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We were two couples. One person had crawfish & catfish, One had Shrimp and catfish. One had the catfish plate. The batter on all of this was very good, the service was good. Unfortunately my wife ordered the spicy cold shrimp plate and boiled potato. They should scrap this dish. We are from New Orleans so we like and appreciate"spicy" but this dish was way over the top.But I guess 3 out of 4 isn't too bad.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The service was excellent the food glorious we had the seafood sampler and a great cheese cake for desert

1  Thank Sue W
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband had the crab platter and I had the snapper with shrimp and mushroom topping. The food was delicious and there was more than enough. The drinks were also good--the jumbos are served in large plastic cups that cost $7.00, but they are "jumbo," just as advertised.