“The food was a-okay but we're on the lake!”
Review of Mariner's

Mariner's
Ranked #5 of 66 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stopped in for dinner on our stop over at Natchitoches, and it was a delight. The atmosphere of the beautiful lake in the background made up for the semi-fancy, but just "alright" food. I wanted to have my jalapeños removed from the dish, but apparently a lot of things are "premade" which makes it not so great with a high ticket price. I know, having worked in a restaurant, that this is the case in many circumstances, but I wish the chef would have a jalapeno-less option. Dessert was delicious however. Go for the chocolate pecan pie! To die for!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have eaten here for years and the food is very consistent. Try the fantastic oysters rockefeller.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We enjoyeda meal that include appitizers, main course, and dessert. My husband has steak and I had the fish with a shrimp & crab topping.

1  Thank hclairec
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice location at the lake. Sit outdoors if it is not windy. Service is OK. Atmosphere is OK, sort of aims to be the "upscale" joint in town. Same menu as everywhere else, though. Mostly fried, heavily battered. Very few things that are not fried, heavily battered. Couple of the fish dishes are OK, the etouffee is nice, same as it is in every other joint in town. Like I said - it's OK.

1  Thank GiveMeEat
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I want to start by saying that the photos on tripadvisor do not do this place justice. This restaurant has one of the nicest layouts that I have ever seen in a restaurant and the ambiance to go with it. We really enjoyed the staff and the food. Their shrimp and artichoke bisque was a highlight of the dinner and should not be missed. I had the blackened tuna. Although not cooked as I had asked, the dish was good and the accompanying asian sauce was wonderful. My wife had the stuffed flounder. The fish was tasty and the house made stuffing was very good. For the price I would have liked to have seen the food presented a bit more elegantly. The dishes were very plain and the garnish seemed old. We had the house desert and wanted a second. As it was our anniversary dinner, I would say that we were very pleased with the food and service. Our waiter was amazing and very helpful.