“Heavenly Po' boys”
Review of Papa's Bar & Grill

Papa's Bar & Grill
Ranked #10 of 64 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I visited Natchitoches (Nack-a-dish) Louisiana today and walked around town taking in the sights of this beautiful city along the historic Red River.
It got to be around lunch time so we started looking for a place to eat. We looked at the menu in the window of Papa's Bar and Grill and it looked good so we decided to give it a try. Inside is a very welcoming looking place. Our server Nicole is great and we lacked for nothing. We decided on an appetizer of Creole Matchsticks which is a mix of jalapeno strips and strips of onion deep fried in an excellent batter and served with Honey Mustard and Ranch dressings on the side. We both decided on one of our favorites, Shrimp Po' Boys. The Po' Boys were the best we have ever eaten. the place is clean the people friendly and you can't miss if you choose Papa's for a meal.

There are newer reviews for Papa's Bar & Grill

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My Family and I look foward to Big C Night every week! Great price and the bread is amazing! A must Try!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stopped by after a funeral mid-week at approx 1:30pm with a group of 5.
We were seated immediately as the restaurant was almost completely empty. Order was taken quickly and food arrived as ordered with exception of asking for water multiple times until it arrived. Without a doubt, the South is definitely known for its fried foods and Papa's mushrooms and Onion Rings are very well done and tasty. I would definitely NOT recommend the Tequila Poppers. I definitely enjoyed the prep and taste of the Grilled Tuna Steak and found it to be a good value. All in All, if its fried food and seafood you prefer, this place is fine but do not expect any great service or ambiance...Its a bar grill at best but the food is ok for a quick bite ....

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great location in a neat town. Big mistake to select this place. Read menu and ordered "large shrimp stuffed with crab cake". NOT. !!!! What was delivered was a deep fried ball, that contained a "mini shrimp" about 1 inch long and 1/2 inch wrapped in light coating of crab stuff in a big ball of dough that was de fried. YUK.
I asked waitress to bring me menu and have her read it to me. Told her it was false advertising and not any good. She agreed it was "small" and would mention to management. Guess what No management stopped by and not removed or offered to exchange. Don't go there.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Tried the Big C burger, which was made famous in Natchitoches by Corwin Aldrich, the new Papas/Mamma's owner, at his previous restaurant many years back called The Press Box. It's like a half pounder of fairly thin beef burger patty that they'll cook to requested temp and comes dressed with lettuce and tomato with pickle slice on the side, comes with chips but for $1.50 you can get fries. I ordered mine medium-rare with cheese and fries and it came out cooked perfectly. The fresh sourdough bun it was served on was the best part and really made a tasty combination. Was a little hesitant about how a Natchitoches $10 burger and fries would be, but as it turns out it was very good. Can't remember how good the Press Box's burgers were, as they were always consumed after all-to-happy Happy Hours, but this one was delicious. Will be back for more of these.