“A bit disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The reviews for this place were all so good that we had high expectations. Our server was great-- friendly and helpful. However the food was just average. We were there for a late lunch so we were seated promptly. I ordered the potato soup and chicken salad sandwich. It was ok, just nothing special.

There are newer reviews for Merci Beaucoup

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We really enjoyed our lunch at Merci Beaucoup. We were seated right away, and our server was very friendly and patient with us as we decided what we wanted to order. The menu offers a nice variety. We'd been hearing about the famous Natchitoches meat pies, so we ordered mini meat pies as an appetizer. I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of meat pies, but they were pretty good. My husband ordered a bowl of gumbo, which he said was excellent. Since we had much more walking to do and it was a warm day, I decided to go with something light and ordered chicken salad on a croissant. The chicken salad wasn't quite as flavorful as I prefer, but it was fine. It was served with a pickle spear and chips,and the pickle was delicious. The meal was very reasonably priced and they even gave me a coke to go at no extra charge.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My family and I had lunch here to celebrate my daughter 19th birthday. Everything we ordered was seasoned very well and absolutely delicious. I plan to eat here everytime I visit Natchitoches.

Love it,love it,love it.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Went there with a Military Reunion without a reservation. They acted as if they were expecting us and we got great service. The food was as good as the service.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Whenever I plan a trip to South Louisiana, I always make sure that I am near Nachitoches, LA around lunch so I can swing through and dine at Merci Beaucoup. Although I have had several wonderful items from their menu, I can't seem to get enough of the Church Street salad plate. It has the most wonderful fried chicken that is very tender, a green salad with roasted pecans and a fresh fruit salad. The outstanding items on this plate are the orange dressing and honey mustard dressing. The orange dressing is so good that I could almost just drink it. I dip my chicken in the honey mustard and pour the orange dressing over the green salad and fruit salad. The apple dumpling is a wonderful way to end this meal. It is warm, sweet and cinnamony (is that a word??). Yum! And on the way out, grab a bottle of the orange dressing to take home! Oh, I almost forgot.....Lemonade Tea!!!! I am not a tea drinker but this stuff is wonderful and I always get some to take with me for the rest of my drive. Did I mention that I also stop for lunch on my way back home. No trip is perfect without lunch at Merci Beaucoup going and coming! Enjoy!