“Not impressed”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Jacksonville TX
“Not impressed”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We tried this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews, but I was disappointed. Service and food was just ok, a little bland.

Ft. Worth, Texas
“Pleasant Dinner”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Had dinner here while in town for the Festival of Lights. Location is great if you're visiting the Historic District. Restaurant was very crowded and the service was friendly but rather slow. Ordered the Cajun Potato and it was good but not memorable. If I return it would not be a dish I would order again. The fried shrimp were very good and crawfish etouffee was tasty but I felt the portion was small considering the cost. Overall our party of four enjoyed our meals and I would definitely dine here again. I believe a different dish might result in a higher rating.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Meat and Crawfish Pies”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Fast and friendly service. The meat pies and crawfish pies are not to be missed. Flaky crust and plenty of tasty filling. The chicken and sausage gumbo is great also. Tables aren't jammed together, giving a touch of class.

New Orleans, LA
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

What a great find. We were visiting the area for a few days and were disheartened to find that many of the local restaurants take the first week of the year off. We found Merci Beaucoup while walking around the historic district. A very quaint place that was clearly frequented by the locals. I had the Crab St. Denis. This was not only the best crab cake that I have had in a while but it was topped with one of the best crawfish etoufee's that I have ever had. The accompanying green beans left something to be desired but really did not take away from the dish. They had little taste and could have been better. Overall, the food was wonderful. I wish they had dinner hours during the week.

• Visited January 2013
Nacogdoches, Texas
“A Great Place for A Great Evening”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was our first time to Natchitoches and I must say we had a great time! Beautiful Christmas lights along the river, cajun music everywhere and a wonderful meal...what more could you ask for? Merci Beaucoup was busy but very attentive and our wait was short. Waittress was young, professional and made our dinner very special. White table cloths concerned me for our children..lol..but jeans were common place. I had the cajun potato and was stuffed beyond measure. Wonderful crawfish etouffee over a baked potato with two huge fried shrimp on the top! Everyone enjoyed their meal and unfortunately we were too full for desserts! Enjoy an "Merci Beaucoup".