“Oldie but Goody!”
Review of Clarion Inn Hotel

Clarion Inn Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Morgan City
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The value is good free breakfast, free drink in the lounge, USA Today delivered to the door,nice pool area.Only drawback is the A/C in room. This is not a new property but completely renovated and kept up. The staff from check in to check out we're unusually friendly. We will be back even tho
They are building a new HI Express .

• Stayed: September 2013
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Morgan City. We have aged some in the last forty years but we like to think of our self as a Legacy hotel. It is always nice to receive positive reviews such as yours. Again, thank you for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Hotel

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Currently it is Wednesday, and I have been staying at this hotel since Sunday. The entire staff is so welcoming and friendly that I am on a first name basis with most of them already. As far as the hotel, itself, goes...a few people gave some undeserving, sub-par reviews. I haven't seen anything to justify any of this. The rooms are VERY clean, spacious, and have great decor/appliances. True they face the exterior, but who cares? My room faces the courtyard with a good sized pool, plenty of patio furniture, and public grills should you want to use them. The ON-SITE laundry services were very helpful, and I like having use of the 24-hr gym (at no cost) across the street rather than a smaller hotel gym with a treadmill and a couple dumbells. There is a FANTASTIC restaurant on-site as well, which offers room service. Breakfast and lunch buffet is in addition to the regular menu items. The icing on the cake is the hotel bar. It is no boring, ordinary one either. This place is two stories with pool tables, a jukebox, plenty of lounge and cocktail seating, a dance floor, ENORMOUS tv's...you name it. I really just can't say enough about this place. I haven't left the hotel since I got here, which is very unusual for me, but you really don't have any need to. I guess the best support I can give is to stay here for the remainder of the week.

Room Tip: At the restaurant, order the "trust your chef" pasta. It can be anything, but mine was a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CharlestonReviewer
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write such a complimentary and comprehensive review of your stay. As the General Manager, I must tell you it was a excellent way to end the week. I have printed your sentiments and passed them along to the staff.
Morgan's restaurant is a local favorite and has a strong reputation in the local area. It is always gratifying when someone outside of Louisiana recognizes authentic cajun made from scratch cooking. We take a lot of pride in what we do. I know your kind words will continue to reinforce the sense of pride the employees already have.
When you are back in the area, please come back and visit again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Service - fantastic, Problems - easily fixed with a smile, Amenities - spot on, Restaurant - outstanding service and great food (I even want a shirt from there). Absolutely recommend staying here. We will be back. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for such a complimentary review. It is always gratifying to know that your hard work and dedication have been noticed. I have printed your positive remarks and shared them with the staff. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in Morgan City.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently stayed 3 night at the Holiday Inn in Morgan City, La. I was Impressed with the Food and service by staff and how well mannered the receptionist was while checking in and out of our stay. I must also give Kudos to the Pool area and landscaping done it look very professional and made our time by the pool side very relaxing. I must also make mention of towels by the pool and also floats and toys for the kids to play with while in the pool. I would have to give this stay at the Holiday Inn for my 4th of July vacation a 10 out of 10. I also look forward to going back and staying again because I felt at home and it was a clean friendly environment.

Thanks

Larry Humphreys

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Larry H

First let me say thank you for your recent review. It is always gratifying to read a review that is complimentary fo the facilities. We are so happy you were able to enjoy your 4th of July celebration with us. It is gratifying to know you were able to relax and be yourself. I have passed your review along to the staff. It always makes their day when we give them a positive review to read.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The staff at the Holiday Inn in Morgan City is top of the line. I've stayed at this hotel many times and I've always found the staff to be exceptionally courteous and professional. When it comes to customer service one person stands out as an example to all, Kristy Toups. After checking out from the hotel, I realized that I had inadvertently left an important business package behind and could not get back to the hotel because I had already flown offshore. Kristy was kind enough to offer to drive 30 minutes out of her way to bring the package to a heliport that could ultimately fly it to me. This is truly service that is above and beyond the call. Special people like Kristy are what make the Holiday Inn in Morgan City an extraordinary hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Morgan City. It is always gratifying to know that our customers notice when we go the extra mile. Kristy Toups is an fundamental part of the team here at the Holiday Inn Morgan City. She is truly and example of what customer service is all about. We all like to know when our efforts have been noticed. I have printed out your comments and shared them with Kristy and the entire staff. Again, thank you for taking the time to recognize Kristy.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed for three nights recently and had a very pleasant stay. As others have noted, it's not a new builidng but the staff keep it very clean. The A/C worked well which was necessary in the summer heat and humidity. The pool was well kept - though we had to ask someone to unlock the gates in the morning and stock the pool towels. Staff were very friendly and willing to work with our family group on a discounted rate block.

The breakfast buffet was well worth the stay! Hot and fresh food and plenty of it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Morgan City. It is always gratifying to know that our customers had a fantastic stay. I have printed out your comments and shared them with the entire staff. It always exciting to provide positive reinforcement as a result of glowing reviews such as yours.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Visiting my son in M.City, requested a room close to parking because husband has difficulty breathing and walking. The room was amazing in that it served his needs perfectly. It was a handicapped room, close to everything we needed in the hotel. Ashley Richard and Chris Steele were so personable, gave us a business card so we'll have the phone no. for future reservations. Spent time talking with us before we left asking if we found everything satisfactory. They were pleasant and friendly. The hotel was only 2 blks. from my son's home so we were able to stay later than usual because I don't drive at night. It was, truly, a blessing. Thank you for being there.

Room Tip: Just let the reservation clerk know of your needs and I'[m sure they will get you the right room...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Morgan City, I am pleased that we were able to help create a memorable stay for you in Morgan City. Family time is so important and knowing that you were able to relax and enjoy your visit means the world to us. I have printed your comments and passed them along to Chris and Ashley as well as the rest of the staff. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Sharon L. Howell