“Great place to stay. First class service and clean, comfortable rooms.”
Review of Clarion Inn Hotel

Clarion Inn Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Morgan City
Houston, Texas
“Great place to stay. First class service and clean, comfortable rooms.”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed here on business probably 50 nights this year. Service is phenomenal and the staff are courteous and very motivated to keep guests satisfied. There is a top notch restaurant onsite and a club. The beds are extremely comfortable and rooms are always clean. This is an older facility, but it has been well maintained. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Glen,

Thank you so much for your excellent review of the Holiday Inn Morgan City La. I have printed your comments and passed them along to each department. Your high recommendation of our facility is certainly appreciated. If I can be of assistance in the future please feel free to contact me.

Sharon Howell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Decided on staying here for the night, real friendly staff and considerate. the room was very surprising for the interior, very nice indeed. the downside of it is the rooms are all exterior, your door is facing outside.
the AC unit has not been placed on heat for a while so when I switched it on it sounded like 747 taking off, and the dust in the unit started burning setting my smoke alarm off. Well I sprang into action grabbed a pillow and started wafting the alarm with the pillow like a mohican indian trying to communicate with the next village.
Apart from delaying the Fire dept from showing up the bed was very comfortable with a chouce of hard or soft pillows well marked so you can choose.
Another plus there is a bar restuarant in the hotel with a good menu variation.
The hotel also boasts a swimming pool but unless you are hardened would not this time of year actually take a dip.
whetever you do ask for a room away from the freeway, traffic noise is a problem.

Room Tip: Away from main road
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Morgan City. I was delighted to read your comments.

In an effort to conserve energy we do try to take advantage of mild temperature days and leave our room units off. We have been fortunate over the last few weeks to have some really great weather. With that being said, some of the units have not had the heat on in a while so there is a dust build up on them. Our goal was to have them all tested out by the first of October and is seems as though we missed some. If you have a moment, I would appreciate it if you could shoot me an e-mail to let me know more about your room location. It seems that I have a training opportunity to take advantage of.

Again, thank you so much for your review. If you are in the area again we would love to be your hotel of choice.

Red Deer
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We (plus another couple) were able to check into our rooms early ( which was a huge plus) on a 'Stay&Play' package of one night plus 2 rounds of golf at Atchafalya (a beautiful course). Our room was clean and very modern, and one very important feature was that we had Free WiFi which worked the best we have encountered. We looked around town for place to eat (Mondays have many things closed) so decided to come back to Holiday Inn for whatever they had- and to our delight and surprise they had great seafood and also we got 2 free drinks that came with our room package! The next morning we had a great breakfast that also came with the package! Great value for our money!!!
We were thrilled with our stay from booking until leaving and highly recommend at stay at Morgan City Holiday Inn!!!! You can't go wrong!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
On behalf of the hotel and staff I would like to thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review of the Holiday Inn Morgan City. I will pass them along to the entire staff so they can feel the same pride I did after reading them.

I am glad you enjoyed our P.A.R (Play & Relax) package during your visit. The Atchafalaya at Idlewild Golf Course is both beautiful and challenging. I trust your group had a low scoring round with lots of laughs and high fives.

Again, thank you for taking time to fill out a review of the hotel. If you return to the area we would certainly hope you would stay with us again.

Until next time,

Baytown, Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very friendly staff. Excellent food. Excellent service in the dining area. Entertainment appeared to be lots of fun. Entire staff appeared to want to be helpful. I lived in a handicapped room. The room was very clean and so was the bathroom. I would highly recommend the bathroom facilities to any person who is handicapped. The property was hard to find in the dark. The furniture in the room itself was too low. The chairs could be a little bit higher and of the recliner type. Even though the staff was very nice they were not/ or appeared not to be available to assist with bringing carts to patron's room to assist with taking out luggage. It was very painful and taxing for me to walk to the housekeeping department or front desk and roll a cart bk to rm. I saw another lady huffing and puffing taking out her belongings. She needed help also. This is the only thing I saw that needed improvement. I rate the place for average income people as a okay.

Room Tip: For handicap close to the front desk and parking directly in front of your room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear MildredA,

Thank you so much for taking time to fill out a review of your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Morgan City. I certainly appreciate your kind words. I also appreciate your comments regarding assistance with luggage. I am sorry we did not offer to assist you upon check-in. I can assure you that someone would have been made available to help. Comments such as yours enable us to see beyond our everyday practices and make improvements. Thanks to your suggestion we will change the check-in process to ask all guests if they need assistance. It will be a nice touch and an extension of our current hospitality and guest service. I will also look at the furniture in our accessible rooms to see what changes can be made to enhance the guest experience.

Again, thank you so much for your comments and for choosing to stay with us.

Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good property. Won't say great. Waaaay too hard to locate in the dark ! Friendly service, and wake up call was on time.The room was clean and actually pretty nice, to tell the truth. The price was really decent as well. I will stay here again !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Devildox,

On behalf of the management and staff I would like to thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Morgan City. I will be posting your comments for the employees to see. Comments such as yours are a very important part of our on-going customer service training techniques. We utilize guest comments to let the staff know that their hard work is noticed and appreciated.

I know that you probably have a busy schedule, to know that you took time out of that schedule to fill out a review on our hotel means a great deal.

Crosby, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great property. I have spent 34 days this summer at the hotel and I am very pleased with the excellent service. Front desk staff is very accomodating and helpful. Looking forward to my next trip to MC and staying with you good folks. I have been fortunate to request a specific room and have it ready when I arrive. Thanks. Jack S. Crosby, TX.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. If your travel plans bring you to the area again we certainly hope you choose to stay with us again.

Cypress, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very friendly staff, great restaurant. Ice cold air condtioning! Nice pool. Only problem is they don't have a hot tub!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have lots of luggage, try to get a downstairs room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Karl D
, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Carl D.

Thank you so much for your comments. It is always nice to hear about the positive experiences our guests have. I will certainly pass along your comments to the staff.

Sharon L. Howell
Red Roof Inn Morgan City
Red Roof Inn Morgan City
#6 of 9 in Morgan City
Sleep Inn & Suites Berwick - Morgan City

Been to Clarion Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!