“The best value ever!!!”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Morgan City
Red Deer
“The best value ever!!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We (plus another couple) were able to check into our rooms early ( which was a huge plus) on a 'Stay&Play' package of one night plus 2 rounds of golf at Atchafalya (a beautiful course). Our room was clean and very modern, and one very important feature was that we had Free WiFi which worked the best we have encountered. We looked around town for place to eat (Mondays have many things closed) so decided to come back to Holiday Inn for whatever they had- and to our delight and surprise they had great seafood and also we got 2 free drinks that came with our room package! The next morning we had a great breakfast that also came with the package! Great value for our money!!!
We were thrilled with our stay from booking until leaving and highly recommend at stay at Morgan City Holiday Inn!!!! You can't go wrong!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
On behalf of the hotel and staff I would like to thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review of the Holiday Inn Morgan City. I will pass them along to the entire staff so they can feel the same pride I did after reading them.

I am glad you enjoyed our P.A.R (Play & Relax) package during your visit. The Atchafalaya at Idlewild Golf Course is both beautiful and challenging. I trust your group had a low scoring round with lots of laughs and high fives.

Again, thank you for taking time to fill out a review of the hotel. If you return to the area we would certainly hope you would stay with us again.

Until next time,

Sharon Howell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very friendly staff. Excellent food. Excellent service in the dining area. Entertainment appeared to be lots of fun. Entire staff appeared to want to be helpful. I lived in a handicapped room. The room was very clean and so was the bathroom. I would highly recommend the bathroom facilities to any person who is handicapped. The property was hard to find in the dark. The furniture in the room itself was too low. The chairs could be a little bit higher and of the recliner type. Even though the staff was very nice they were not/ or appeared not to be available to assist with bringing carts to patron's room to assist with taking out luggage. It was very painful and taxing for me to walk to the housekeeping department or front desk and roll a cart bk to rm. I saw another lady huffing and puffing taking out her belongings. She needed help also. This is the only thing I saw that needed improvement. I rate the place for average income people as a okay.

Room Tip: For handicap close to the front desk and parking directly in front of your room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear MildredA,

Thank you so much for taking time to fill out a review of your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Morgan City. I certainly appreciate your kind words. I also appreciate your comments regarding assistance with luggage. I am sorry we did not offer to assist you upon check-in. I can assure you that someone would have been made available to help. Comments such as yours enable us to see beyond our everyday practices and make improvements. Thanks to your suggestion we will change the check-in process to ask all guests if they need assistance. It will be a nice touch and an extension of our current hospitality and guest service. I will also look at the furniture in our accessible rooms to see what changes can be made to enhance the guest experience.

Again, thank you so much for your comments and for choosing to stay with us.

Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good property. Won't say great. Waaaay too hard to locate in the dark ! Friendly service, and wake up call was on time.The room was clean and actually pretty nice, to tell the truth. The price was really decent as well. I will stay here again !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Devildox,

On behalf of the management and staff I would like to thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Morgan City. I will be posting your comments for the employees to see. Comments such as yours are a very important part of our on-going customer service training techniques. We utilize guest comments to let the staff know that their hard work is noticed and appreciated.

I know that you probably have a busy schedule, to know that you took time out of that schedule to fill out a review on our hotel means a great deal.

Crosby, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great property. I have spent 34 days this summer at the hotel and I am very pleased with the excellent service. Front desk staff is very accomodating and helpful. Looking forward to my next trip to MC and staying with you good folks. I have been fortunate to request a specific room and have it ready when I arrive. Thanks. Jack S. Crosby, TX.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. If your travel plans bring you to the area again we certainly hope you choose to stay with us again.

Cypress, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very friendly staff, great restaurant. Ice cold air condtioning! Nice pool. Only problem is they don't have a hot tub!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have lots of luggage, try to get a downstairs room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Karl D
, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Carl D.

Thank you so much for your comments. It is always nice to hear about the positive experiences our guests have. I will certainly pass along your comments to the staff.

Sharon L. Howell
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Crazy and Ridiculous.
I have stayed at this motel many times in the past with more satisfaction than most.
At about 6:30 that night the lights went out. They did not come back on during my stay.
It's alarming to me that a hotel in the heart of Hurricane alley does not have back up power, not even for it's front desk computers. And that the water heaters were not running in the morning for me to take a shower, after a nearly sleepless night on a hot bed is unbelievable.
I only stayed the night because there was an acceptable hotel within an 1.5 hour drive.
I checked in not knowing whether the front desk had credited my Priority Club account. I left without an invoice of any type. In fact, I had to call the hotel to ask for my statement.
Did I receive my points for this stay.

Room Tip: Make sure the lights stay on
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Mr. Channing,

I am truly sorry that you and the entire City of Morgan City had to suffer through the intolerable heat as a result of the power outage in Morgan City. I am not sure if you knew but our entire electrical system for the City suffered a massive explosion and fire. This caused a considerable amount of damage. The hotel does not have generators due to the large capacity that would be required. Under normal circumstances even in the situation of a hurricane the longest period of time the hotel is out of power I less than 12 hours. The City of Morgan City takes very good care of us because we are the largest hotel in the area that can accommodate the emergency crews that come in to restore power. In this case it was beyond anyone’s control.

I do understand your frustration but unfortunately there was nothing that I or anyone else could have done in this situation. Every other hotel in Morgan City was without power and did not have generator back-ups.

I would also like to apologize that you had to call the hotel back for a copy of your receipt. The entire situation was a little over whelming at times even when power was restored. I can assure you we did not overlook you on purpose.

As a result of the power outage we did not have your priority club number when you checked in and it was not written on your registration card. I will be happy to add the points you earned to your account. I will need you to e-mail me under separate cover to get the necessary information.

Thank you for your comments and we do hope you will stay with us in the future.

Sharon L. Howell
Morgan City, Louisiana
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The place is old and tired, needed a face lift and boob job 5 years ago. Morgan City is closer to work but Houma is the place to stay, more places to eat. The restaraunt is a $35 disappointment.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Dave,

I agree the Holiday Inn Morgan City is a mature property. As things and people mature the wear and tear is harder to conceal. We constantly try to keep our appearance and furnishings up to date. While we can't be all things to all people, we try our best to exceed everyone's expectations. I also agree that Houma is a growing community that has many more offerings for those travelers that like variety. From your review, it seems that you had a problem with our restaurant, for that, I apologize. The business philosophy at the hotel is that if for any reason you are not satisfied with any part of your stay our staff trained to take action to make it right. I only wish I had known of your problem before you left the property. If you choose to stay with us in the future and your stay is less that expected, please ask for me so that I may do my best to make it right.

At the Holiday Inn Morgan City we pride ourselves in delivering outstanding service to every guest every time. If we don't know our shortcomings, we can't fix them. I only wish I had the opportunity to discuss these matters with you before you checked out. I would be happy to speak with you about them at your convenience. You may reach me at the hotel or e-mail me directly.

Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review as they always help us improve our service and property.