“Texas Bass Federation Nation”
Review of Clarion Inn Hotel

Clarion Inn Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Morgan City
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had 11 rooms at the hotel for a Bass tournament. Rooms were very clean! Maids were very friendly and took care of all our needs. Restaurant was the BEST! Priced moderately. Food was very good, we only ate out 2 times the whole week we were there. No need to go anywhere else. wait staff was on the ball. At times when it got busy I noticed Mimi & Sharon from the front desk pitched in to help. Now that is team work. Sharon did a great job of assigning our rooms. Exactly what I asked for. We hope to return there soon. Thanks again for making our stay a wonderful one.
Rita Harkless
Texas BASS Federation Nation

Room Tip: Suites are super nice if you don't mind the stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Mrs. Rita,

Thank you so much for the compliments. Your group was awesome and we loved having you. I hope you get to come back to the area again. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I come here on business, but had not been here in a few years. I vas very pleased to see so many changes in decor. The property was getting old, but they have given it a good uplift. Staff is friendly and food is good. Would definately return and recomend this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Dear Ernest,

As the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Morgan City, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay in the Holiday Inn Morgan City. It is gratifying to know that the staff made you feel at home and welcome. If your travel plans should bring you this way again, we would certainly be honored to be your host.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

The motel is acceptable. Room was clean. Staff was friendly. Food was over priced. Waitstaff was slow and uninviting. There were only four other tables one afternoon. It took six minutes to get a glass of iced tea and 30 to get a grilled chicken salad. I asked for the salad with ranch dressing on the side. Twice. I got it covered in something else. Afraid to wait another 30 minutes I ate it. Got the bill, $20 for a salad and tea!!!! The last night my husband went to get us dessert and came back with a small sliver of cheesecake and 1/2 scoop of ice cream. He said the three girls were yelling at each other about hurrying up to close to go to a Mardi Gras party. I asked him what happened to my brownie that was supposed to be with the ice cream and he said they were out. The bill for three dollars worth of dessert? $12!!!!! He didn't want to argue with the three aggressive waitresses so he paid it. I will NEVER recommend this establishment. Ate dinner at Cafe JoJos and paid the same there for excellent service and food that was unbelievable.

• Stayed: February 2012
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

I would like to thank you for filling out a Trip Advisor review. I was very disappointed to read that there were problems with our restaurant during your stay. The lack of service you received is unacceptable. I regret that you were not able to speak with one of the managers during your stay about the experience you had. I can assure you that it would have been addressed immediately. Our goal is 100% satisfaction with every part of your stay and in your case we did not meet those expectations. I would appreciate hearing from you personally to discuss this matter further. Please, at your convenience e-mail or phone me.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

As the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Morgan City I would like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to fill out a review of your recent stay. It is always nice to hear from a satisfied customer. I will certainly pass your comments along to the staff. Again, thank for your comments. Should your travel plans bring you to the Morgan City area in the future we certainly hope to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

The staff at this hotel is the best I've ever been around. The accomodations are very comfortable, clean, and the restaurant serves great meals....from the breakfast buffet (not the pre cooked stuff like the Hampton's) to the Friday night fish buffet (wonderful)! The service in the restaurant is fantastic, always friendly and helpful. The great people here make my stays the best. Bet if Dr. Cheryl M had mentioned to the manager on duty breakfast would have been taken care of. You can always find frendly staff in the Bar where you can watch the game and have an adult beverage (or not). If you stay on the weekends it does get rather loud near the bar later in the evening so be aware if you prefer the quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back are generally quieter along with better parking access
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Dear Mr. V

Thank you so much for submitting such a glowing review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Morgan City. I will certainly pass along your complements to all of the employees. I am sure they will be very appreciative of your remarks as was I. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us when you are in Morgan City.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

The staff here is very friendly and quick to handle any request. Our room was very nice and the entire hotel area was very well kept and landscaped. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the wait staff was so friendly and the food was delicious. (The rolls are fantastic! Wish I had some right now!) I would not hesitate to recommend this Holiday Inn to my family and friends.

Room Tip: A room around the pool area gives you a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to compete a review on your stay at the Holiday Inn Morgan City. It is very rewarding to hear great compliments about the performance of my staff. I will certainly pass your sentiments along to the employees. Again, thank you so much for your comments.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have been in many hotels and I must say this was one of my favorites! The people here are so friendly. From Jenifer at the front desk who was so welcoming and very sweet and happy to help to Sue in the resturant who gave us amazing service with a huge smile. At check in we were invited to watch the game in thier bar area....others paid cover we were FREE.Huge movie theater screen!music...club like . Everytime our team scored the bar gave everyone a FREE shot! not to mention the awesome homemade chili cornbread and other appitizers they had out were FREE! Oh yeah did I mention the huge breakfast that was FREE. The buffet was over at 9am we arrived at 10....no problem we ordered off menu any special request we made Sue and the cook answered YES too. That is rare these days! This is a yes oriented hotel! The jacuzzi room is a must! for under $118 a night what a steal! beautiful room up stairs downstairs 2 flat screens nice leather furniture!!! This room took our breath away! Thank you so much team Holiday Inn Morgan City La for our very enjoyable stay! Will be staying again our way back to California.

Room Tip: pool front jacuzzi room a must! So inexpensive for what they give you!!! Shocking actually!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass along your comments to Sue and Jennifer. When an employee is recognized for going above and beyond I like to let them know how much their efforts are appreciated. Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to your next visit.