WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Bristow, Oklahoma
“Nice for overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you are traveling through Monroe, this hotel makes a good stay. It's right near the interstate, and the rooms are plenty big and clean. There is also a nice breakfast in the morning, so you can fill up with a free hot breakfast before you go.

The hotel has been remodeled and parking is still an issue. Also, I'm not sure this is the best part of town. The pool is not very big, either, so this does make a nice quick stop, but I wouldn't see it as a long vacation destination.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked this hotel on the return leg of our trip from Pensacola so that the kids could visit the Duck Dynasty store. We arrived late. The room was a bit hot but the a/c cooled it off nicely. The room was very spacious and fit us all quite comfortably. The hotel was finishing up it's remodeling and we were aware when we booked however the size of the room and location made this our choice. The beds were comfortable though there was some paint stains on the edge of one of the duvet covers. The kids did attempt to go to the pool however they stated it was cloudy and dirty, though I should note that it did rain that afternoon so I am unsure if the pool is typically dirty or if this was a one time thing. There was no work being done that night or at least no obvious noise/dust due to this. We slept well. My experience with the person on the phone while making the reservation and the person checking us in and out was pleasant. They were nice and helpful. Breakfast was typical of free breakfast and convenient so that we could get back on the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've stayed at the this hotel on more than one occasion because it is centrally located. Several of the problems I experienced were not necessarily enough to make me not return- until my last stay. First let me start with a positive- the newly remodeled rooms are nice, the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean. That's it. The water pressure in the shower is unacceptable- it took forever to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. Due to the remodel, parking is a nightmare. If you arrive to the hotel after 10pm, good luck finding a parking space! Again, none of these issues were really a deal-breaker until I woke up around 4am itching all over my legs. When I turned on the light to see why, my legs were covered in bites. When I spoke to the front desk staff, they offered no apology or recognition. As an elite member of this hotel chain, I brought my legitimate complaint to upper management and no one will acknowledge me. It's very frustrating. I feel like no one is taking this seriously and that I've been blown off. To future travelers, this was an isolated incident. But if you have any real issues, be aware, your problems may not get resolved.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Shae G
Miami
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is hot and not in the good way!

I made reservations by phone, like other reviewers have said, I also was not informed of the remodel while making my reservations. After booking the hotel I got on trip advisor and found out from the reviews. I called back and I was assured that the remodel was finished in the main areas of the hotel and in the rooms. They said the floors were being tiled in some parts of the hotel but that it was mostly finished. That was not the truth! There were boxes of tile along the halls and in the breakfast area. It was dusty and dirty from all the remodeling being done. Also I wouldn't consider what they are doing a full remodel! We were shocked to get into our room and see a microwave that had to be old because it still had the turn dial, not digital! It looks as if they have replaced flooring and painted and put the old furniture back in the rooms! Our room was not cleaned well but it was clean enough to sleep in for the night. The breakfast area was so hot we were sweating while eating breakfast and we ended up taking it up to the room just so we could cool down a bit. The halls and elevator are also hot! The air conditioning appeared to be broken. I would honestly recommend finding some other hotel to stay at while visiting here!

On a side note, the Hamton next to this hotel looks as if it was an old motel 6...doors on the outside and everything. I had never seen a Hampton with doors on the outside.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear BigBransonLover,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback for the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA. We regret that your stay was not as comfortable as you had expected it to be. As mentioned in your review, we are still currently finishing up a full remodel. We understand that it can be difficult, but we are looking forward to the finished product very soon. Unfortunately, we cannot rush such a tedious process. We reassure you that all furniture and fixtures will be brand new by completion.

Also, regarding your side note, the Hampton Inn is a separate property from the Comfort Suites. However, although it is an older property, it recently won the Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor.

La Cygne, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was in renovations but was very nice, and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. I loved the fact that they had rooms that could fit my family of 6 instead of having to get two rooms like at most hotels. Continental breakfast, and happy hour with cocktails and snacks. Location is easy to get to and close to shopping and restaurants.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Laurie4kids
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Laurie4kids,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA! We truly appreciate your feedback and were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We know how important it is to make sure your family is comfortable and taken care of while traveling and were honored that you chose our hotel during your visit!

We hope we have another opportunity to serve you in the future once our renovations are complete! Thank you for your time and business.

Waco, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed on the 2nd floor and it was very obvious renovations were ongoing. Wallpaper was off the walls, carpet absent in hallways, rolling scaffolds lined the halls with plaster & paint cans on them. Internet connection was fast & easy. Breakfast was adequate. Room was clean & spacious; mattress was very comfortable. Location was convenient just off I-20.

Room Tip: Call first to be sure renovations are completed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jerre G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA. We apologize for the inconvenience our renovations caused you during your stay with us. We are undergoing major changes to improve and update our property! We were happy to hear that you were satisfied with the internet, breakfast, guest room, and location.

Southport, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel is just off I-20 in a quiet area, The people were very nice and the rooms which were recently renovated were clean and well appointed. The lobby/ breakfast area was very appealing. Breakfast was great. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you like Chinese food, one exit east on I-20 is Pecanland Mall Dr. Drive on the service road past...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Impalajohn
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Impalajohn,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA! We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate your kind comments about our hotel, our staff, and our breakfast. We certainly hope to serve you again when your future travels bring you back to the Monroe area!