“There are better choices within a few miles!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at this property several years ago and remember it being better. There is renovation going on but that is not an excuse for not servicing my room, being in a smoke free room that had been smoked in, and generally just not feeling clean. I paid $96 per night for a $60 experience. If you are like me and frequent Choice Hotels properties then go on down the interstate to West Monroe and try that Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear RegularTraveler_13,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA. We regret that you were disappointed with your stay at our hotel and apologize for the inconveniences caused to you. We understand there is nothing more important than being relaxed and having a clean, comfortable place to stay in your home away from home. Your comments and concerns will be shared with management and the staff so that we can improve for the future.

We send you our sincerest apologies and hope that you will give us another chance should your travels bring you back to the area.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was going to get pecans in MLU and decided to stay overnight here. Smoke free rooms are a plus since a lot of Truckers stay here. Service very good but food is limited to carry-out pizza and Chinese. The Pecanland Mall is nearby and cab is $10 each way. Had the coffee and danish in the morning and left with a USA Today. MLU Airport has been updated with Jetways and a cool Louisiana Zydeco bar so enjoy 2 hrs. before your flight.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear twoandfro,

Thank you for reviewing the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA! We were pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our smoke-free rooms and that you were able to enjoy a coffee and danish for breakfast. Should your travels bring you back to the Monroe area, our front desk agents would be more than happy to provide you with various dining options in the area.

We understand how important it is to feel relaxed when you are away from home. We thank you for choosing our hotel and hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is what I expected in a Comfort Suites. The lobby was recently renovated and is beautiful. Some rooms are also being updated.

Rooms were clean and featured all the basic amenities. Close to the interstate.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank A1_Daddy
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA. Our entire team strive to provide our guests with the best possible service and amenities. It is always nice when someone recognizes their efforts.
We sincerely hope you will return to our hotel in the future.

Thank you again!

Janie Russ,
Directo of Sales

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I haven’t stayed in Monroe for about 2 ½ years but prior to that, I had at least a dozen visits. This was always the premiere location to stay in Monroe. But the location is starting to show signs that the owner is starting to let it go. (I.E: Don’t get your suitcase wheels caught on the old loose carpet in the elevator…which is only there to cover the loose floor-tiles. AC is long past due for cleaning, etc). Breakfast selection has been cut way back to the basic Choice selections instead of a lot of little extras they used to have. The staff is still very friendly tho. But one issue..ok, its petty, but when you travel a lot, these are the little things that stand out. The first time I stayed I noticed the snack and soda machines were low. OK, so….except the next time, same thing…and again. It was turning into the joke of each stay. I looked back on the review of my 4th visit. Same thing. The machines are always ¾ empty. Doesn’t this location understand profit center? Oh well…it was time for a change.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MrBigTraveler
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear MrBigTraveler,

Thank you for reviewing the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA. I would like to start by thanking you for making our Comfort Suites your hotel of choice over the years. I would also like to assure you that all feedback given to us from our guests is taken into serious consideration and truly appreciated so that we can improve for the future. Furthermore, it is my pleasure to share with you that we are undergoing renovations in the very near future to better serve our guests and visitors.

We certainly hope that you will give us another chance during your future travels to the Monroe area. Thank you for your time and business.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Smoke free hotel always make its nice. Room was clean and comfortable. Check in was quick and friendly. Did not have time to eat breakfast but the area looked good and selection looked good as well. Had no issues. Good location to restaurants, mall, downtown and freeway.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
jruss12, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear bnatigcomman,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA! We were thrilled to read your kind comments about our hotel and the services we offer. We also appreciate that you would recommend our hotel to others because of your satisfactory experience with us.

Your review will be passed on to the staff and management. Thank you for your business. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I kept looking for a 2 queen suite everywhere in this area and I just decided to call, the guy at the front desk helped me get the room I needed everything was ready when I got there even though we were late

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovelyk97
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear lovelyk97,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA! We were thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your experience at our hotel. We are always happy and willing to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities. We certainly look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The room and the hotel itself are in really good shape. The room was clean and comfortable. The only problem was about 4:45am on the morning of the 6-25-12 the smoke detector over the bed decided to go off. So i called the front desk to see what is going on, but after about 10 rings and no answer I gave up. I noticed the other alarm in the room wasn't going off nor were any of the alarms in the halls.

So I put a chair on the bed and took it down and got it to turn off. After getting ready for the day I took the detector to the front desk and there was this horrible music blaring from the breakfast area tv. I had to ask if anyone was home and when the guy came out I explained what happened. He apologized which was fine. I just didn't want charged for it.

Then at breakfast there was only about half the stuff out. So we ate was available. Then a staff lady came in and called the front desk guy over and started telling him everything he did wrong. His body language said he didn't really care what she had to say.

Management might want to look into this guy's attitude.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Pat c,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA. We were glad to see that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and comfort of your guest room. However, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the smoke detector and the inconvenience the noise caused you during your stay with us. I would like to assure you that we are looking into this right away and that the proper steps have been taken to correct this as soon as possible.

We truly value your comments and concerns about our hotel and our staff. Your review will be shared with them and also with management to help us improve for the future.