“Average food, long wait”

Portico Bar & Grill
Ranked #27 of 222 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This isn't my first choice for a meal. The wait staff is always slow due to being over worked. The food is slightly above bar food. Nothing special unless you want to drink with friends

There are newer reviews for Portico Bar & Grill

Reviewed October 1, 2012

First, they were out of the only appetizer I wanted, then brought out a different entree to the table without asking me about the change bc they were out of something else! She proceeded to have an attitude bc I didn't want what she brought--after it took FOREVER to get there! Ticket was messed up and food was so so! Will NOT be back or ever recommend. And the manager told us she was the best waitress--doubt it!!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Waiter must have had off night, he was rushing us to order, somewhat rude and acted like he was put out having to serve. We had to wait an hour for our food, and then it wasn't served at the same time. By the time everyone (all 6) were served some meals were cold waiting on the rest to come out. We ordered (2) filets medium rare, they were medium well, filets can't be overcooked because the result is dry and they were. Our order also consisted of shrimp and grits- good, chicken kabobs- good, chicken alfredo- good and a sirloin- ok. We were seated in the last booth by the kitchen. Not sure if that's normal service and food quality for Portico, but we probably won't try again. Overall, just ok.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I loved this restaurant. The food was incredible. It was one of those rare nights where my friends and I ate in silence because we were so preoccupied with the food. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The drinks were fairly priced and very well made. An all around fabulous experience. I only hope this restaurant chain incorporates some gluten-free alternatives because I got really sick from what I'm guessing was the seasoning on the steak. Honestly though, that steak was so good, it was worth being glutened to taste it. It really was that good. Amazing!!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

They have good food, good service and the atmosphere is nice.