“Great Catfish... That's a fact Jack !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Catfish Cabin
Ranked #29 of 218 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Augusta, Georgia
“Great Catfish... That's a fact Jack !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

While in West Monroe visiting Duck Commander Headquarters, we decided to have dinner at the Catfish Cabin. If you remember the episode of "Duck Dynasty" where Jase and Willie sold their fish to a restaurant..... this is the place. When we arrived we were the only customers. After we ordered our food another couple came in and that was it! This had me worried. But, when our food arrived we were pleasantly surprised. I've eaten catfish in a lot of places, these guys are at the top of my list. The catfish were delicious and perfectly cooked. Their tartar sauce was fabulous. Their hushpuppies with a touch of jalopeno were awesome. After we left, we went down the road to do a little looking and shopping. When we drove by an hour later the place was packed.... we apparently had just beaten the crowd. I wish this was a neighborhood restaurant instead of being 10 hours away. If you're looking for fine dining, keep driving. If you're looking for great food, great service, and a great price... this is it. That's a fact, Jack !

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ronnie B

Dallas, Texas
“So many memories here..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This place was my grandparent's favorite place to eat when they would come into Monroe about once a week. I remember as a kid going here during the summers ordering the "Catfish Filet Lunch". The food is good. Service is fast, but I agree with others that the inside could use some updating.But for me it's all about the memories...so I'm fine with the old furniture and old menu...contributes to the ambiance.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Meena N
Kapaa, Hawaii
“Catfish Pitiful -This place would be overpriced at $5.00”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This place we meet at for a pre family reunion.It was horrible there is not one good thing to say about the place! It was a old nasty place , food was pitiful service wasnt even good.They are use to the same old crowd coming back (they must have horrible taste buds)and a few new fools stumbling in. Personally cannot imagnine anyone coming back twice!

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They need Gordon Ramsay!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

This place is dreadful! It's outdated and dirty and the food is horrible. I have eat at this restaurant in the past as i am from the area and the food has progressively gotten worse. I believe after almost 30 years in business they have become complacent and need to evolve. I will never eat at this place again and do not recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank Srybaby07
Stephenville, Texas
“Bad Recommendation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

This place seemed to be a local favorite at one time. It was recommended to us by the front desk at the hotel we were staying. (another story) Very run down, old menu. The wait staff was very friendly. Food was poor. Would not go back. The tables looked like they needed, or had been, scraped.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Been to Catfish Cabin? Share your experiences!