“Rooms was clean & staff was nice!”

Best Western Airport Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My friend and I stayed at Best Western in April 2011.the rooms was clean & staff was nice..I will come and stay in the future. TJones

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Takeitha J

Reviewed May 30, 2011

the rooms are nice but the front desk workers are very rude and they're not friendly in the least bit. i was a guest and they asked what room number I was in and then refused breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 30, 2011

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 10, 2011

First off, please note, I am a Platinum Gold Crown Club member of Best Western. For business purposes I spend an average of 275-300 nights per year in hotel rooms. I had made my reservation through Best Western's 800#. Had a confirmation number, that linked several days of stay, within the same hotel. I was not impressed with the lack of hospitality upon my arrival. The accommodations were standard for the middle of the road choice offered by Best Western. The second night, as outlined in my reservation itinerary; I switched from a 2 bed room into a "king" room. Upon first glance, I was not impressed with the black mold growing in the bathtub. As with many nuances involving hotel stays, I just ignored the mold. Unfortunately, I could not ignore the lack of sleep I was denied due to the most horrific mattress I have ever slept on. The bed had a horrible sway, rendering one entire side to be a "sink hole". As I am a man of stature, 6'7", I know the difference between a king size bed is the moment I lay in it. This was the smallest King bed I have ever slept in...perhaps it was the "Napoleon" version. In the morning I requested to be moved to another "King" room. When the person at the front desk asked why, I explained the mattress was horrible and I was unable to get a good nights' sleep after working 18 hours. Her response dumbfounded me. First off, requesting another room should have been all that was necessary. On the contrary, the front desk person came off offensive when she started in a sarcastic snare "it can not be...all the rooms have new mattresses." I stated that they must have missed this room when replacing the old mattresses as i have never seen a NEW mattress featuring a gigantic sway in it. She just responded that another room would have the same mattress. Then she stated that what did it matter as I was only staying for one night. I informed her that she was incorrect...my reservation was for 6 nights. She proceeded to argue with me. As it takes two to argue...and I was exhausted...I returned to my room and called Best Western customer service. Canceled the remainder of my reservation at this location. Went online and made a reservation at Marriott's Courtyard on the other side of the highway. As I was packing up the front desk called and offered a King suite for the remainder of my stay. How did she come to the conclusion I had reservations for more than the one night ? She REPEATEDLY insisted I was only staying one night. I turned her offer down. For the principle that she did not apologize for her error, lack of hospitality, and general customer service skills....a little grace about then would have made all the difference. Her gesture came across as if I was seeking something for nothing.....believe me if there had been a Hyatt in the area there would have never been a second thought of where I would give my business to. I will NEVER stay at this Best Western location again.

Room Tip: quiet rooms
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank khobley
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Stayed 11/05/10, after reading other reviews, looked for all the hot button turnoffs. Found none, bathroom immaculate, room nicely decorated tho the computer desk is at an odd height. Friendly staff, and a good reccomendation for dinner. Also, super easy off I-20, and our room was very quiet on a busy Friday night.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I was traveling with my husband to visit some friends in Alabama and we decided to stop for the night in Monroe. This Best Western was very lovely. I asked how old the property was because it looked fairly new. The desk clerk told me they recently remodled the place. They did a great job on updating it! Considering it is located across the interstate from a mall, I found the rates to be reasonable and the staff was very friendly. I had a pleasant experience here and enjoyed the full free breakfast! We are definately stopping here on our way back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We make frequent trips from FL to TX to see our granddaughter and are looking for favorite places to stop along the way. This won't be one of them. Our room looked very nice on the surface but the bathroom had not been cleaned well--a definite turn-off for us. There was a high computer desk in the room with a chair that really was too short. We asked for a different one and the woman at the front desk did manage to find one. When my husband asked about one ice machine not working, she acknowledged that she knew there was a problem with the machine. Then why haven't they fixed it? The overhead fan made a noise on and off all night and the sink stopped didn't work. All of this seems to indicate to us a place that isn't being well-maintained. Too bad as the room itself was nice-sized.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Comfort Suites
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 15 in Monroe
Quality Inn & Suites of West Monroe

Been to Best Western Airport Inn? Share your experiences!