“Not as good as I was expecting”
Review of Cypress Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

Cypress Inn Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We drove from Ruston to Monroe after seeing a magazine add boasting "home of the giant crab legs.". We were very disappointed. Most of what they serve is not even cooked there! That is according to our waitress. Everything we asked about she said " No, we don't make it here, we buy it already made."

My fried crab claws were over cooked to the point of being hard, my oysters were under cooked. I was not impressed

There are newer reviews for Cypress Inn Restaurant

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The last couple of times we have ate there, the food was ok..maybe a little greasy. We were seated by the refrigerators a few weeks ago and they were just nasty. I hope the kitchen is not as nasty, esp the ice machine. The tables and chairs need a good cleaning too!!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Right on the bayou, and down the street from ULM is an excellent choice for seafood. The hush puppies and drink get the meal off to a good start, and whatever you order, it will likely be fresh and good. I recommend you try it!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I visited Cypress Inn Restaurant based on recommendations from this site. As many of noted, this is a very casual restaurant. The salad bar has a good variety of items, although it could use better lighting to make the items more appealing. There is a great variety of foods on the menu, many that can be purchased as "all you can eat." The outdoor seating has an increadible view; although, when I arrived there was not space outside. I noticed several large groups or families and this is a great place for both. Do not come with high expectations. Dress casual, come hungry, and have fun.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We love to come here with our kids so we can feed the fish and turtles that are in the bayou. You can choose to eat inside or sit outside on the deck. We will usually bring out of town guests here because they see the bayou scenery with the cypress trees and spanish moss. The food is very good and I love the salad bar.