“Outstanding Louisiana Cuisine”

Ranked #1 of 225 Restaurants in Monroe
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Food and service is excellent. Even though this restaurant has been around for many years, there menu is not old and wore out. They have awesome Cajun foods, great mixed drinks, and some of the best desserts you can find in Monroe, LA. I highly recommend this place to everyone. It is a little expensive but you get way more then you pay for in food, service, and atmosphere!!!

1  Thank Matt W

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Food was delicious view of the river is beautiful! Service is great and very friendly. I try to eat here each time I come to Monroe! I am hooked! Their catfish is wonderful, their crab and corn bisque is some of the best I have ever eaten. Their creme brûlée is to die for!!!!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

loved the setting and the menu. the flavors were terrific. we were in a big group and everyone was pleased from appetizers to dessert. we will be back

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Warehouse No. 1 Restaurant overlooks the Ouachita River. They serve lunch and dinner. I was there for dinner. They have an outdoor deck (by the Ouachita River) which was to hot to enjoy during my visit in early September. They informed me that they have a fireplace and heat going during the winter months to keep the guests comfortable. I enjoyed the restaurant very much and appreciated the old wooden floors and open ceiling. Which were original wood to the Cotton Warehouse No 1.

There are several nice choices on the menu like seafood, steak, and plenty of appetizer choices. The hushpuppies that were delivered to my table upon arrival were unique, very tasty and of good texture (cooked throughout). I ordered The “Original” Warehouse Baked Oysters (from the appetizer menu) and a dinner salad. I always get my dressing on the side because I never eat it all. The ranch dressing was so tasty; I used all that they provided. YUM! The baked oysters were very tasty (they have their own “secret” recipe). The best I could tell, they had a butter sauce, breadcrumbs, garlic, and what appeared to be chopped turnip greens (???), and parmesan cheese. Like the menu states – “topped with our secret recipe and baked to perfection!” I would highly recommend The “Original” Warehouse Baked! I’d be anxious to know if anyone else thinks that they use chopped turnip greens in the recipe.

For desert, I had the delectable Crème Brulee! Best I have EVER had!

Chris was my server. He was friendly, informing, and very prompt. He paid attention to every detail. Overall, my visit to Warehouse No 1 was AMAZING. I look forward to a returned trip with my family.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Even though this is pricey (total bill for two with tip no drinks $100) it is an experience in the culture that is worthwhile having. The food, the entertainment, the wait staff, the historic building, the river and its history, all work together to obtain a flavor of what La. was and is. Believe me if you are from the northeast, it will feel and be different.