“Good food and service”

Ranked #1 of 225 Restaurants in Monroe
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Good food and service too- I had the shrimp and it was really good.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Each time we go the food decreases a little more each time. Our twice baked potato seemed like it was cooked several days before and reheated. 3.5 overall but a great view.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Food was great, a little over priced. But, all in all, worth it. We sat on the patio and it was amazing. We had no wait, the service was great.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was my first time here and it was way better than I expected. The place isn't difficult to find, right on the river in downtown Monroe. It's only open at select times, like 11-4 or something for lunch during the week and then 5-10 for dinner, and reservations certainly are recommended although if it's not a special occassion and you go early (5-6pm) you should be fine.
The food was great. There was nothing we had that wasn't tasty. We had baked oysters and a seafood sampler which comes with catfish, mushrooms, chicken tenders and shrimp. Then we had two steaks (a ribeye and a filet) and a seafood platter which came with everything. The steaks were very good. Two of us split the two steaks and both were wonderful. Dessert was great too. The margarita tasted a little watered down. Otherwise, everything we had was excellent and service was very attentive. Sitting on the patio is a plus too. In the winter, it is completely sealed off and is heated. They also had a pianist on site playing all sorts of music for people. I didn't figure this out until I heard Happy Birthday played twice, then I looked around and found her. This is because the music is piped outside as well so it sounds like it should be a cd. She played very well and nonstop. They also have valet although parking was not a problem as we went early. By the time we left, the parking lot was very full. We probably left around 7:30. The view is nice and scenic, but I don't find the Ouachita River to be very scenic. But it beats sitting inside with four walls around you.

Find this place and try it out. You won't be disappointed, I promise.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I usually get the redfish and my husband always gets the ouachita river sampler. Both are usually well prepared and not overcooked